April Events 2021: Spring Flings & Things to Do in Miami
Mar 24, 2021 March 24, 2021
Spring is at its peak and there’s plenty of fun to be had this April. From egg-citing Easter hunts to world-class tennis at the Miami Open’s final rounds and matches, appreciating prose and poetry to getting some food for thought at the Adrienne Arsht Center. You can even catch the Super Moon in full bloom at the Deering Estate. The variety of events this month makes sure there’s something for everyone.
April 2021 Miami Events at a Glance
- Miami Attractions and Museums Month: April 1 – May 31
- Miami Open 2021: April 1 – 4
- Supercar Dining Experience: April 11
- Earth Day at the Frost Museum of Science: April 17
- Volleyball Tournament & Showcase: April 17-18
- Beach Polo World Cup League: April 22-25
- Multiple Events at the Adrienne Arsht Center: Throughout April
- Multiple Events at the Deering Estate: Throughout April
- Top Events at the Fairchild Gardens: Throughout April
- Sharon Stone in Conversation with Gloria Estefan: April 1
- Virtual Magic Academy with The Amazing Max: April 3
- The Art of Mindfulness: April 6 at 1:00 pm
- O, Miami Poetry Festival: Throughout April
- 2nd Annual National Antiracist Book Festival: April 24-25
- Poetry & the Creative Mind: April 29
Special: Easter 2021 Events for Kids in Miami
Photo by Gabe Pierce on Unsplash
Get hoppin’ because Easter Sunday is right around the corner and we have an entire list of events you can safely enjoy with the family, friends, or just by yourself:
- Between April 2 and 4, sea explorers should check in at the Miami Seaquarium for some Egg-citing Adventures with Salty. Follow the clues and they promise to lead you to the biggest plunder of “Salty’s Easter Goodies” you’ve ever seen.
- Join your little ones as they go scavenger hunting for ingredients to be used at this adventurous bake class by Taste Buds Kitchen Miami West on the 3rd of April. Designed for kids aged 2-8, you’ll have all the fun helping kiddos bake the cutest, most delicious Bunny Cupcakes complete with pink ears and a shiny nose.
- Want a special Easter Bunny Visit? Get the Easter Bunny to suit up, round up the goodies, and pay you a socially-distant visit at home on the 3rd. Sign up for the express visit here.
- Zoo Miami brings you a special, part reality-part virtual, Egg-venture scavenger hunt. Simply find all the eggs around the park and walk home with 8 treat-filled, eco-friendly eggs.
- Indulge your sweet tooth as you go on an Easter Egg Hunt at The Creamery at Red Rooster on the 4th. They will have a branded tote to keep all your eggs, music, a raffle, and loads of ice cream to enjoy later.
- Head down to the Theodore Gibson Park in Downtown Miami for a free, community Easter Jam on Sunday. Enjoy carnival games, a car show, free food, free pictures with the Easter Bunny, tons of candy, and much more at this outdoor fest.
- Want a delicious Easter Brunch? Reserve yourself a comfy spot at one of these top restaurants serving the most deliciously heartwarming Easter brunches in Miami.
- OR, you could get creative right at home with these top crafts, fun activities, and menu ideas for an exceptional Easter!
April 2021: In-Person Events in Miami
Miami Attractions and Museums Month: April 1 – May 31
Various venues across Miami
It’s the perfect excuse to round up the kids (or simply treat your inner child) and go on a family-friendly adventure this April! Choose from a variety of special discounts, admission savings, BOGO deals, and much more as part of the two-month-long Miami Attractions and Museums program.
Indulge and explore with the likes of 50% off admission to The Bass, 20% off membership to the Vizcaya Gardens, 10% off art classes, buy one get one free admission to Zoo Miami or the newly opened, 250,000 sq. ft. indoor entertainment complex at Dezerland Park, and more. Look up the entire list of participants and packages here.
Tennis at Miami Open 2021: April 1 – 4
347 Don Shula Drive, Outdoor Tennis Campus, Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens
Photo courtesy of Miami Open
It’s the final, most exciting, action-packed leg of Miami’s tennis tournament of the year! Take a look at what’s in store for the final days in April:
- April 1: Women’s Singles, Semifinals / Men’s Singles, Quarterfinals, Doubles, Semifinals
- April 2: Men’s Singles Semifinals / Women’s Doubles Semifinals
- April 3: Women’s Singles Final / Men’s Doubles Final
- April 4: Men’s Singles Final/Women’s Doubles Final
Supercar Dining Experience: April 11
2022 NW 1st Court, Miami Supercar Rooms, Wynwood
An exclusive dinner experience curated for only 36 people - be one of the few to witness this legendary dinner show at the Miami Supercar Rooms. An art walk and dinner rolled into one, you get to indulge in the best of Miami cuisine while being surrounded by one-of-a-kind vehicles not seen on the regular road and their unique stories.
Earth Day at the Frost Museum of Science: April 17
1101 Biscayne Blvd, Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, Downtown
Take a pledge to help reduce, reuse, and recycle as much waste as possible, as you head out to the Frost Museum of Science on Earth Day 2021. Join in the celebrations at the museum to explore ways to help restore the planet, discover the impact of coastal restoration, and register for a future beach clean-up.
In case you miss this in-person event, they will be hosting a virtual LIVE session on April 22 that will take you through how the Everglades restoration project helps fight climate change and more.
Volleyball Tournament & Showcase: April 17-18
10901 SW 24 Street, Miami-Dade County Fair & Expo Grounds
Photo by Raja Tilkian on Unsplash
With all-new dates, this Tri-county volleyball showcase will be taking over the Miami-Dade County Fair grounds this month. With AM and PM waves scheduled for girls competing in the age ranges of 12-18, keep an eye out for the complete schedule here on the 14th of April.
Beach Polo World Cup League: April 22-25
106-2 22nd Street, South Beach
Photo courtesy of Miami Polo Club
Beach polo is back! Get ready in Miami Beach for four days of world-class polo, fashion, satellite events, and more. The multi-day tournament will feature eight of the top international teams competing for the World Cup and bragging rights. Along with some best-in-class play, you can also look forward to cocktails on the beach, a retail village, music and commentary throughout the day, plus a grand awards ceremony and closing gala over the weekend.
Events at the Adrienne Arsht Center: Throughout April
1300 Biscayne Blvd, Adrienne Arsht Center, Downtown
Photo courtesy of MiamiAndBeaches
There’s a calendar full of art events taking place at the Adrienne Arsht Center this April:
Thomson Plaza for the Arts
- Mar 27 – Apr 24: High-energy improv comedy for a full 80 minutes with Zoetic Schmoetic
- Apr 9: Catch the “Best Latin Act of 2019” named after your favorite caffeinated pick-me-up, Cortadito live in action
- Apr 16: Revive your senses with an evening full of jazz tunes from a most gifted pianist and composer, Brandon Goldberg, who is only 15 years old
Peacock Foundation Studio
- Apr 10: Get your children back to the drawing board for Earth Day. The popular Pour Your Art series will be hosting a Tree of Love for Earth Day artmaking session, helping children aged 5 and up, to give our planet some hand-drawn love.
- Apr 24: This time, the Pour Your Art series will be helping kids aged 8 and up create some very interesting tribal masks that they can take home.
Ziff Ballet Opera House
Apr 17-18: Award-winning dancer-choreographer Siudy Garrido and her company will be presenting a glamorous night of breathtaking flamenco dancing. Their first performance in over a year, this celebratory event will be worth a watch.
Events at the Deering Estate: Throughout April
16701 SW 72nd Avenue, Deering Estate, Palmetto Bay
Photo by Kevin Maillefer on Unsplash
April’s highlight events at the Deering Estate include:
- April 3rd-Film Screening with Marlon Johnson: Join in to watch a special screening of River City Drumbeat, directed by the eleven-time Emmy award-winning producer and director Marlon Johnson. Post-screening there will be a panel conversation and an open Q&A round.
- April 17-June 13 Homemaking: Join visiting contemporary artists as they explore the concept of home as a physical, historical, political and spiritual space.
- April 26 Super Moon Viewing: Come and enjoy a relaxing evening under the open skies, watching the super moon come into full view with music by the Miami-based sound art collective named Frozen Music.
Those looking to enjoy the Deering Estate’s regular roster of events will be glad to see that their April lineup also includes the famous Bird Walk, Birds of Biscayne Boat Cruise, Night Hike and Campfire, the Sunrise Clear Kayak Adventure, an Afro-Fusion Dance Class, a Sit Spot Meditation, Sunrise Photography, Full Moon Yoga, and more.
Events at the Fairchild Gardens: Throughout April
10901 Old Cutler Road, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Coral Gables
Photo by Yan Krukov from Pexels
Another great spring month to enjoy the outdoors and another spectacular lineup of events at the Fairchild that will keep your social calendar full of fun things to do. Here are our top picks:
- Mommy and Me Yoga for Babies Aged 0-2 is a wonderful way to connect with your infant or toddler while creating a great foundation for a well-nourished mind and body.
- Those with a green thumb will definitely enjoy their workshops on House Plants for Beginners, Growing Fruit in Your Backyard, Composting 101, Advanced Bonsai, as well as the Art and Science of Growing Orchids.
- Those looking for some arts and crafts classes have to try the Spring Floral Arrangement Workshop, From Drawing to Painting with Carlos Gallostra, and the Art of Macramé.
- Also, their tea tasting series will be advancing this month with Japanese, Chinese, & Taiwanese Green Teas.
April 2021: Virtual Events in Miami
“Zoom” onto your favorite device to catch two of the most bright, talented and gorgeous women in show business discussing ‘The Beauty of Living Twice.’ The book written by Sharon Stone will be at the center of discussion and will be shipped to your U.S. or Canadian address right after the event.
Photo by Amina Filkins from Pexels
A wonderful way to join the kids for some light-hearted fun a day before Easter. Enroll your little ones to learn magic tricks using simple items found at home. Equipped with a pencil, an assortment of coins, a deck of cards, and a sense of humor, Max Darwin (Amazing Max) will be leading an interactive class to help young participants master some highly visual magic.
The Art of Mindfulness: April 6 at 1:00 pm
The University of Miami’s Lowe Art Museum offers a lovely break to your day and a reminder to create space for yourself with a 45-minute Zoom mindfulness class held Tuesdays through May 25. Each session lasts about 40 minutes (30-minute guided-practice with 10-minute reflection and Q & A).
O, Miami Poetry Festival: Throughout April
Photo by Laura Chouette on Unsplash
April is poetry month in Miami and 2021 is no different. Going virtual this year, you get to enjoy the written word right from the comfort of your home or handheld device. This year’s poetry festival brings a Storytime for grown-ups, writing workshops, a baking with poetry series, an associative art workshop, a pajama party, and much more. Simply register and ‘zoom in’ to join the fun.
2nd Annual National Antiracist Book Festival: April 24-25
Keeping the world of prose clean and unbiased while raising awareness, Boston University’s Center for Antiracist Research will be hosting its 2nd annual book fest virtually. This year’s author lineup includes the likes of Pulitzer Prize finalist Albert Woodfox, New York Times bestselling author Anand Giridharadas, #1 New York Times bestselling author Brené Brown, The Nation sports editor Dave Zirin, Award-winning blogger and writer Feminista Jones, and many more.
Poetry & the Creative Mind: April 29
Photo by Suzy Hazelwood from Pexels
Tune in to the annual gala hosted by the Academy of American Poets this National Poetry Month, as it goes FREE and online for the first time ever. Reserve a virtual seat to watch Meryl Streep chair the event with music and readings by the likes of Orlando Bloom, Lauren Ambrose, Hasan Minhaj, Samin Nosrat, Sandra Oh, Sarah Sze, and more. All proceeds of this signature fundraiser will help support the Academy of American Poets Education Program.
Love to hear about the top things to do around Miami and Fort Lauderdale? Connect with us on Instagram @blackbookproperties, Facebook, YouTube or Twitter to get all the latest monthly updates!