Fort Lauderdale’s October Events 2021: Get Your Pumpkin Spice On + A Shrieking Good Halloween
Oct 04, 2021 October 04, 2021
Pumpkin Spice is in the air and we all know what that means! With Halloween right around the corner, we’ve got lots of fall festivals, pumpkin patches, spooky experiences, pumpkin spice lattes, and more to choose from for a fang-tastic time.
Harry Styles will be in concert for that “Watermelon Sugar High” and there’s also a Tina Turner tribute this month for music lovers. Boat enthusiasts can check out Fort Lauderdale’s International Boat Show or build their own cardboard boat for a whimsical race. Artsy folk will find their inspiration at Frank Art Gallery’s latest exhibit.
And what’s October without a few food and Oktoberfest beer events? So, read on below to find our complete list of exciting Things to Do in Fort Lauderdale this October 2021:
Things to Do in Fort Lauderdale - October Events at a Glance
- Special: Halloween Events
- October 2021: Fort Lauderdale In-person Events
- Harry Styles presents Love on Tour 2021: October 8
- Bobby "Sinatra" Rome - Frank Sinatra Show: October 8-9
- Animal Adoption & Costume Contest: October 9
- Big Toy & Truck Extravaganza: October 9
- Cardboard Boat Race: October 9
- Spill The Beans Comedy Show: October 9
- Making Waves - Visual history of the marine industry in Fort Lauderdale: October 11-November 1
- Riverwalk Craftoberfest: October 16
- Annual Las Olas Art Fair: October 16-17
- Bookbinding Workshop with Joseph Velasquez: October 16
- Tina Turner Tribute: October 16
- Plunge Into the Arts with Phoenix: October 20 – November 20
- New Exhibit - On The Samara's Wing: October 21, 2021 - January 22, 2022
- Island Style – Adults-only Science Social: October 21
- Cruise Through the Holidays Essentials Fashion Show and Dinner: October 22
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Sweep / Edible Food Forest Clean-up: October 23
- Love and Laughter Comedy Show and Concert: October 23
- Par For the Paws: October 23
- Portrait Sculpture Workshop with Leda Almar: October 23
- Trick or Trot 5K Run Walk: October 23
- Bonnet House: Watercolor Workshop + Forest Bathing: October 23 & 24
- Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show: October 27-31
- Concerts at the Seminole Hard Rock: October 15, 16, 22, 23, 24 & 27
- Pompano Beach Arts Programs: Throughout October
- October 2021: Fort Lauderdale Virtual Events
- Creativity Exploration - Eric N. Mack: October 9
- Creativity Exploration - Eric N. Mack: October 9
Special: Halloween Events in Fort Lauderdale
Masks can be fun again! For Fall 2021, we have a mixed-bag of downright scary to not-so-spooky Halloween-themed events that will keep kids and adults fang-tastically happy throughout the season. Take a look at our curation below:
Fall Festivals & Pumpkin Patches
- October 9 to the 31st, Flamingo Gardens is hosting a vibrant Fall Festival. With 4 themed weekends of fun, you and the kids can indulge in a Food and Spices Weekend, Pirates & Princesses Weekend, Superheroes Weekend, and Halloween Weekend – complete with scavenger hunts, photo ops, live performances, food, and an exhibit.
- Get your pumpkins early and make a day of it in Sunrise. Visit the not-so-spooky Fall-O-Ween Fest on the 15th for a family-friendly evening with Halloween-themed games, food, raffles, and a special crazy lab for kids 10 & under.
- Drive-thru for a hand-picked pumpkin on Oct. 16 and stay to enjoy the live music, characters, and treat bags for kids at the Broward Health Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale.
- The Annual Deerfield Beach Fall Festival will be back for its 8th edition at Pioneer Park. Join in on the 16th to enjoy hay rides, goodie bags, storytelling, arts & crafts, live entertainment, and of course, pick a fresh pumpkin off the patch.
- The City of Plantation's Annual Family Halloween & Safety Festival will take place on the 16th too, complete with pumpkin patch, children's carnival, petting zoo, magician, pony rides, costume contests, DJs, games, fire exhibits, police k-9 demos, and more.
- The Pumpkins & Palm Trees fall festival will take over the Main Lawn at Las Olas Oceanside Park on the 23rd. This free event will feature a pumpkin patch, themed photo stations, a farmers’ market, trick-or-treat trail, yoga, cooking demo, live music, baking competition, and more.
- Get ready for a paranormal adventure of your own, as you learn how to hunt ghosts. Join History Fort Lauderdale’s Haunting on The River paranormal boot camp on Oct. 9 for in-depth insight on the tools and processes of ghost hunting.
- Get your thrill on as you visit the spookiest drive-thru attraction – The Horrorland, Aventura, open October 1 through 31st.
Haunting Art & Celebrations
- October 2-31, the Museum of Discovery and Science is hosting Trick and Treat Weekends, where little ones can come dressed in their favorite costumes to witness the science behind the creepiest movie monsters and classic Halloween films.
- Flippo’s Fort Lauderdale is hosting the most epic kids’ Halloween Fun House party on the 29th, complete with a haunted house trail, crazy science show, face painting, photo booth, raffle, candy, and more.
- The Boo Bash: Creepy Carnival takes place on the 29th at the Pompano Community Park. This free, family-friendly event is set to feature a pumpkin patch, costume contest, a witty fortune teller, carnival and inflatable rides, stage performers, hay ride, a haunted trail, and much more.
- Looking to try something different this Halloween? Head to the Sistrunk Marketplace on the 30th to pick up a lesson in Modern Calligraphy with a Harry Potter twist, where you’re encouraged to turn up in costume and get to take home all the art + supplies.
- This Halloween-themed Art Walk on the 30th will feature a live local artists’ painting competition, original works by @StephLeydenArts, music, and more.
- Remember to suit up like a scallywag for this Fort Lauderdale's International Boat Show Halloween Party. This pirate-themed pre-Halloween Rock the Boat bash will take place at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach on the 30th.
- Kids will love the Spooktacular Paint & Glow event taking place at the Rock'N Tiara Girls Spa on the 31st. There will be a glow-in-the-dark canvas painting, glow-in-the-dark slime manicures/glow nail stickers, a costume contest with prize, a dance party, glow glitter tattoos, and of course, candy!
- Take the kids trick-or-treating to River Run Park, Miramar on the 31st for a safe and masked-up Halloween.
- This Halloween, check out how ceramic artists celebrate the joy of dance with Fire & Soul. This weekend exhibit at WMODA will feature works portrayed by European and African ceramic artists, exploring the art of ballet to cabaret.
- Ready with your Ofrenda? November 2nd is Florida’s Day of the Dead celebration in Fort Lauderdale. Save the date and check out this page for schedule details and the complete roster of locations.
October 2021: In-Person Events in Fort Lauderdale
Harry Styles presents Love on Tour 2021: October 8
FLA Live Arena, BB&T Center, 1 Panther Parkway, Sunrise
Catch Watermelon Sugar sensation, Harry Styles live in concert with special guest Jenny Lewis and revisit that summer love this fall.
Bobby "Sinatra" Rome - Frank Sinatra Show: October 8-9
Casa Del Mare Ristorante, 619 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
Celebrating the opening of their Spectacle Room, Bobby Rome will be in the house, entertaining guests with his best Frank Sinatra performance. A must-attend for Sinatra fans and lovers of fresh Italian seafood.
Animal Adoption & Costume Contest: October 9
Festival Marketplace, 2900 W Sample Rd, Pompano Beach
Spare a fall Saturday to indulge in a costume contest and perhaps take home a furry friend. The Festival Marketplace is hosting a Halloween-themed adoption event, where you will find an array of cats, dogs, and other small pets eager to join their new homes. There will also be treats and a great photo booth.
Big Toy & Truck Extravaganza: October 9
Holiday Park, 1150 G. Harold Martin Drive, Fort Lauderdale
A jumbo treat for truck lovers of all ages! Head to Holiday Park for the opportunity to see, climb, and operate one of your favorite trucks. Expect to find fire engines to SWAT and bomb squad vehicles, front loaders to bucket trucks, marine patrol boats to electric carts, and more at this family-friendly event, where truckloads of fun is guaranteed.
Cardboard Boat Race: October 9
City of Hollywood Marina, 700 Polk Street, Hollywood
Grab the opportunity to be part of a whimsical race where the boats are made of cardboard! Bring your creative self to name your team, build a themed vessel, and have your teammates race till the end. Winning team will get bragging rights and the coveted trophy. There will also be food and drink available for purchase.
Spill The Beans Comedy Show: October 9
Undergrounds Coffeehaus, 3020 N Federal Hwy, #5a, Fort Lauderdale
With only 40 allowed in attendance, better grab your tickets soon for this coffee with laughs night. They got a comedian to match your coffee preferences, they say. Like it bold and strong? They have a comedian for that. Prefer a smooth roast? They’ve got another for that. With an ever-changing mix of acts, this Saturday night Spill the Beans show is sure to leave you in splits.
Making Waves - Visual History of the Marine Industry in Fort Lauderdale: October 11-November 1
The Galleria, 2414 East Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
Visit the Galleria Mall for a dive into the chronicles of the marine pioneers and companies that contributed to Fort Lauderdale’s rise to fame as a yachting city. The exhibit is an extension of the latest permanent installation at History Fort Lauderdale called “From Dugouts to Dream Yachts” and will feature 40 never-before-displayed, oversized images of the pioneers in action.
Riverwalk Craftoberfest: October 16
Esplanade Park, 400 Southwest 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale
There’s no better excuse to grab a cold one than this! Choose to get 5 or unlimited samplings of some of the best craft cocktails and beers in town, then try your favorites in their full size later on at this afternoon event. There will also be plenty of food trucks and great music to enjoy along with your favorite pint.
Annual Las Olas Art Fair: October 16-17
620 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
Art season starts early this fall, as Las Olas Boulevard hosts the first Art Fair of 2021. Ranked one of the top 100 art festivals in the country, you can expect to meet and greet the creators of all the works on display. You could also commission a specific piece, learn about the artists’ muse, ask questions on techniques, and get your fill of fine art at affordable prices at this two-day fair.
Bookbinding Workshop with Joseph Velasquez: October 16
Coral Springs Museum of Art, 2855A Coral Springs Dr, Coral Springs
Join visiting artist Joseph Velasquez (FAU Art Department Chair) as he takes you through the process of bookbinding. Learn a range of techniques from paper folding to thread binding, so you can create and perhaps gift your own handbound books this holiday season.
Tina Turner Tribute: October 16
Rose & Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts Center, 3100 Ray Ferrero Jr Blvd, Davie
Tina Turner fans will singing that this high-energy show is “Simple, The Best!” Encouraging audience participation, Simply Tina (the tribute band) will be performing all of the legendary singer’s greatest hits LIVE – no lip-syncing, no backing tracks – for a memorable night.
Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo: October 16
Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 Southwest 5th Ave, Fort Lauderdale
Don’t miss 80s Rock Legend Pat Benatar, known for her incredible vocals with unforgettable songs like “We Belong”, “Invincible”, “Love Is A Battlefield”, and “Heartbreaker,” and Neil Giraldo live in concert, whose incredible talent as a guitarist, producer and songwriter created the duo that earned multiple platinum and gold albums and four GRAMMY Awards. If that’s not enough, they have 80s pop star John Waite joining them.
Boz Scaggs in Concert: October 20
Au-Rene Theater at The Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 Southwest 5th Ave, Fort Lauderdale
Acclaimed singer, songwriter, guitarist Boz Scaggs brings his signature style of rock, blues and R&B influenced ballads to the Morrison Center stage.
Plunge Into the Arts with Phoenix: October 20 – November 20
Plunge Beach Resort, 4660 El Mar Drive, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
This month-long exhibit will feature Fine Photography by the award-winning conservation photographer Phoenix. The internationally-renowned artist has not only won prestigious awards for her photography but also helped raise awareness about endangered and threatened species and their habitats. It will be an Instagram-able sight to behold!
New Exhibit - On The Samara's Wing: October 21, 2021 - January 22, 2022
The Frank Art Gallery, 601 City Center Way, Pembroke Pines
Highly recommended for art and culture enthusiasts! This three-month-long exhibit focuses on artists who explore immigration, diaspora, transnational identity, race and belonging through dramatic metaphors of botany, landscape, and organic materials. Opening night will feature a soul-stirring performance by Haitian musician Inez Barlatier.
Island Style – Adults-only Science Social: October 21
Museum of Discovery and Science, 401 SW 2nd St, Fort Lauderdale
While the kids have their Trick and Treat Weekends all month long, adults can head to the Museum of Discovery and Science for a quiet evening full of awe. Experience a rich evening immersing yourself in the spirit of the Polynesian Islands, complete with authentic island entertainment, science shows, music, leis, beverages, and scrumptious bites.
Fort Lauderdale Woman’s Club, 20 South Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
Get your holiday wardrobe sorted with designs by Essentials Boutique and accessories by Heather Gogola of the Bling Club. This delightful fashion show will also feature a delicious dinner, live entertainment by Liz Sharp, a live raffle, and lots of fun.
Fort Lauderdale Beach Sweep / Edible Food Forest Clean-up: October 23
300 S Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd / Snyder Park, 3299 SW 4th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
Take your pick of volunteer work this third fall weekend. Help keep a beach clean or weed, water, and harvest an urban farm. Whatever you choose, we’re positive you’ll return with a sense of satisfaction and even perhaps a like-minded friend.
Par For the Paws: October 23
Wonder Paws Pet Rescue, 10500 Taft Street, Pembroke Pines
Tee off for a fun-raising cause at Pembroke Lakes Golf Club! A sponsored golf event, evening banquet, silent auction, and raffle not only make for a great weekend, but also help rescued dogs and cats find medical care, rehabilitation, and ultimately, a new home. The winning “hole in one” gets a chance to take home a Tesla.
Portrait Sculpture Workshop with Leda Almar: October 23
Coral Springs Museum of Art, 2855A Coral Springs Dr, Coral Springs
Ever fancied seeing your drawing/concept modeled into a take-home work of art? Another great workshop by the Coral Springs Museum of Art, this is your chance to join Leda Almar to learn the fine art of sculpting and modeling a figure, head, and bust. The artist will help you develop your figurine from concept to completion. And after learning how to paint and deglaze, you get to take your fired sculpture home the following week.
Trick Or Trot 5K Run Walk: October 23
Markham Park, 16001 West State Road 84, Sunrise
It’s time to tie their shoelaces and get the little ones started early on running for a cause. Join this fun kiddie dash, in costume, plus 5K race and stand a chance to win a commemorative medal and t-shirt. All race proceeds will benefit the Paralyzed Veterans of America, Florida Chapter.
Bonnet House: Watercolor Workshop + Forest Bathing: October 23 & 24
Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, 900 N Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale
You can count on the Bonnet House Museum to curate amazing events every month. This Fall, the museum helps you capture and celebrate “Tropical Leaves” with a watercolor mini-workshop. Expect to learn advanced techniques such as wet-on-wet painting, glazing, direct painting, and using masking fluid.
On the 24th, you get a unique opportunity to tune out the world and tune into nature with a relaxing Forest Bath. Join Don Oprea in the Hammocks and surrender yourself to the delightful sights and sounds of nature all around, making for one very special fall Sunday.
Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show: October 27-31
Multiple boat show locations, Fort Lauderdale
What happens when the 62nd Edition of the most anticipated boat show hits the ‘yachting capital of the world’? It brings a nautical paradise to Fort Lauderdale! Catch all the superyacht eye candy you can digest and more at this annual boat show, which is touted to be the “greatest boat show on the seven seas.” With 7 different boat show locations, you can be sure to catch the strongest to latest to most gorgeous marine vessels and accessories in the world at this 5-day event.
Buddy Guy & Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band: October 28
Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 Southwest 5th Ave, Fort Lauderdale
Don’t miss Buddy Guy, the greatest living blues artist in the world, Grammy Award-winner and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee, who has defined second-generation Chicago blues as he is joined by the Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band team up for one incredible blues concert.
Concerts at the Seminole Hard Rock: October 15, 16, 22, 23, 24 & 27
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
Calling all live entertainment lovers! Find out below what’s playing at the Seminole Hard Rock this October:
- Majah Hype, October 15. Catch “the Caribbean King of Comedy,” Majah Hype at his best as he brings his special brand of reality comedy to the stage.
- Viva la Bachata, October 16. Bachata fans wouldn’t want to miss this special evening with the best singers such as El Torito, Elvis Martinez, and international singer/songwriter Raulin Rodriguez grab hold of the mic.
- Trevor Noah: Back to Abnormal World Tour, October 22. South Africa’s most successful comedian and host of the Emmy Award-winning The Daily Show, Noah will have you in splits at this evening presentation.
- Havasi’s Symphonic Concert, October 23. It’s pure music for the ears! Contemporary composer and classically trained pianist Havasi will take over the stage for his first American Symphonic Concert Show. The virtuoso pianist is known for his spellbinding performances.
- Little Big Town: Nightfall Tour, October 24. Country artists and AMA Award-winning group, Little Big Town will be crushing it on stage with Special Guest Alex Hall.
- MMA’s 2021 Professional Fighters League World Championship, October 27. It’s the biggest night of the month as a $6 million dollar Championship Event takes over Hard Rock Café. MMA enthusiasts cannot afford to miss this one, as the best fighters in the world battle over 6 World Titles.
Pompano Beach Arts Programs: Throughout October
41 NE 1st St, Bailey Contemporary Arts, Pompano Beach
While there’s plenty of events to enjoy as part of the Pompano Beach Arts program, here are our top picks taking place at the Bailey Contemporary Arts Center:
- Silent Spaces Exhibition, October 1 - December 28. This plein air paintings exhibit encourages you to observe the places that we constantly inhabit but rarely reflect on.
- A Taste of Jazz, October 14. This month, explore the world of saxophones with special guest and collector Randy Emerick. Best part - this musical evening features wine tastings, too.
- Pathways to Nature Journaling Workshop, October 15. This monthly workshop combines two amazing crafts - the dynamics of nature drawing and creative writing. Trained naturalist and environmental educator, visual artist, and storyteller Autumn Kioti will be leading the 2.5-hour workshop.
- Introduction to Drawing and Art History, October 16. Learn how to create compelling still-life images using only charcoal or graphite at this inspirational workshop.
October 2021: Virtual Events in Fort Lauderdale
Creativity Exploration - Eric N. Mack: October 9
Educator and mindfulness instructor Lark Keeler will be live on Zoom, helping adults find their sense of expression using art. Inspired by the works of Eric N. Mack, the workshop will focus on the development of creativity and self-expression via art-making and mindfulness. Participants will be encouraged to think out of the “frame” as they pick up watercolors, acrylic paints, needle and embroidery thread, or inks to create custom art on fabrics. All skill levels are welcome.
Arts & Hearts All Abilities Arts Workshop: October 16
The All Abilities Series features inclusive, free interactive virtual events for families to enjoy from the comfort of their homes. Join Grazi Gadia, a plastic artist from Brazil and founder of Arts & Hearts, as she leads everyone through an exciting and engaging activity using colors and brushes to express yourself on a canvas or paper. Everyone is welcome, and no prior experience is needed.
Where will you be this Halloween? Drop us a comment on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter.