Miami Events July 2021: 4th of July, Midsummer Magic and More
Jul 01, 2021 July 01, 2021
The forecast might sway between hot, humid and light showers, but Miami’s lineup of events this July is definitely scorching hot!
Independence Day celebrations are almost back on track with a few fireworks displays to enjoy around town. The hottest fashion week of the year is back, with multiple swim and resort-wear shows plus satellite events taking place over an entire week. There are also plenty of immersive art, ballet, music, and movies to enjoy this month – in-person as well as from the comfort of your home.
Read on for the complete digest on the Best Things to Do in Miami this July:
Things to Do in Miami - July Events at a Glance
- Special: Fourth of July 2021 Celebrations
- July 2021: Miami In-person Events
- Miami Spa Months: Throughout July & August
- Beyond Van Gogh - The Immersive Experience: Now to July 11
- Miami Swim Week: July 6-11
- Miami Music Festival: July 15-18
- International Ballet Festival of Miami: July 24 – August 15
- Beaux Arts Summer Camp at the Lowe Art Museum: Throughout July
- Events at the Adrienne Arsht Center: Throughout July
- Events at the Deering Estate: Throughout July
- Events at the Fairchild Gardens: Throughout July
- Summer Camps at the Frost Museum of Science: Throughout July
- July 2021: Miami Virtual Events
Please note that Bayfront Park, Miami Beach, and the Biltmore, Coral Gables will not be having their annual fireworks display. However, there are plenty of Independence Day events taking place around town (weather cooperating), to keep you and the family entertained the entire weekend. Here’s how you can keep your Fourth of July traditions going this year:
- The annual 4th of July party at Perez Art Museum Miami is on. Sponsored by Perrier, the event features live music by Lemon City Trio, BBQ, drink specials, and of course art and incredible views.
- Those looking for some family-friendly fireworks might want to drive to Aventura, Homestead, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, or Miami Springs.
- Adults looking for a party cruise with fireworks could find a match in this Pier Pressure cruise, Night Yacht Party, fireworks cruise from Bayside Marketplace, South Beach cruise with BBQ buffet, or BBQ yacht cruise from Dinner Key marina.
- The Clevelander is hosting a cool rooftop pool party a day before, DJ Camilo will be live at the Racket on July 4th, or you could Indepen-dance on the Bay with two days of awesome beats at the Miami Marine Stadium’s custom-built arena.
- The Deering Estate and Fairchild Gardens are hosting special Independence Day picnics.
- The health-conscious could get in a good July 4th-themed POUND workout (at home) before the weekend.
- Those looking for a patriotic brunch should head to Hard Rock Café (any day from the 1st to the 7th), Fairwind Hotel for a Crazybrunch, or Mad Wynwood for a Rise and Toast.
- You could also explore these top recommendations by Eater.com for the best Fourth of July eats in town.
- And those spending the day at home can get some inspiration to throw the ultimate 4th of July bash here.
Miami Spa Months: Throughout July & August
Various spas across Miami
Life’s been stressful. And this month, kick back, relax, and unwind with major discounts from top hotel, day, and med spas in Miami. You might as well mark your calendar for a facial, exfoliating scrub, and massage while you’re at it, since these top destinations will be offering as much as 50% off premium treatments.
Need a bit more inspiration? Take a look at this complete list of participating spas, including Lapis at Fontainebleau, Tierra Santa at the Faena, exhale at The EPIC, En.Liv.En at the JW Marriott, and Remède at the St. Regis Bal Harbour.
Beyond Van Gogh - The Immersive Experience: Now to July 11
Ice Palace Studios, 1400 N Miami Ave, Arts & Entertainment District
This brush with immersive reality is a must-see masterstroke for art fans of all ages. Get ready to literally walk through Van Gogh’s thoughts and dreams as cutting-edge projection techniques and audiovisuals take you on an hour-long journey through the troubled artists’ legendary words and artwork.
Miami Swim Week: July 6-11
Various events across Miami
Summer’s hottest fashion event of the year is back in 2021, ready to spice up the runway with the best in swim- and resort-wear fashion. Here’s looking at all the highlight events you’ll want to mark your calendars for:
- Lotus House Thrifted Fashion, July 8. This is your chance to give back to the community while supporting sustainable fashion. Head down to Paradise Plaza to check out their collection of second-hand and ethically sourced clothing, proceeds of which will benefit the Lotus House Women’s Shelter. There will be a pop-up shop with selected items for sale, a pop-up sustainable market, and a fireside conversation with the show’s curator plus other special guests.
- Paraiso Miami Beach, July 8-11. This industry-only segment of the fashion week features 45 curated events, where you get to meet like-minded people and discover the hottest new brands on the scene and the latest swimwear collections.
- DC Swim Week at the SLS South Beach, July 8-11. Turning the spotlight on independent labels, this in-person showing will feature the 2022 Swim and Resort-wear collection from designers around the world.
- Cabana Miami, July 9-12. This premier swimwear fashion fair will be taking over the Miami Beach Convention Center to showcase the most relevant brands that will take over the runway next year.
Miami Music Festival: July 15-18
Faena Forum, 3300-3398 Collins Ave, Mid-Beach
Take your pick of a comic opera or a romantic retelling of an age-old classic at the 8th season of the Miami Music Festival. Albert Herring is an English comic chamber opera by composer Benjamin Britten. July 15-17, join the antihero’s coming-of-age story as the musical takes you through his colorful town and embarrassing situations.
July 16-18, Cendrillon will take you on a whimsical, romantic retelling of Cinderella in French by composer Jules Massenet. How cool?
International Ballet Festival of Miami: July 24 – August 15
111 SW 5th Ave, Little Havana
Presented LIVE and live-streamed, this is Miami’s longest-running dance festival. This year, the highly acclaimed festival will not only feature stirring performances by the best dance companies around the world, but also showcase a dance film series, dance-inspired art exhibits, book presentations, master classes, and workshops.
Beaux Arts Summer Camp at the Lowe Art Museum: Throughout July
Lowe Art Museum, 1301 Stanford Dr, Coral Gables
These themed, weekly sessions for kids aged 5-12 are the perfect way to let little minds explore their artistic side. With limited seating and social distancing rules in place, this is one of the safer ways for kids to enjoy their summer camp.
Events at the Adrienne Arsht Center: Throughout July
1300 Biscayne Blvd, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Arts & Entertainment District
- July 8-11, the 35th International Hispanic Theatre Festival of Miami will be presenting Nociones básicas para la construcción de puentes (Basics of Bridge Construction), an emotionally charged performance written and directed by Jimena Márquez.
- July 10 and 24, the Pour Your Art Out series continues with more interactive artmaking sessions. On July 10, instructor Cheri Vice will help kids aged 6 to 12 create art that’s Better Together!. In the make-and-take session, participants will craft two abstract paintings that combine to make one interesting masterpiece. On July 24, instructor Chivas Davis will help participants create Beautiful Cactus paintings of the exotic plant.
- July 16-18, another great presentation of the Hispanic Theatre Festival, Encuentros Breves Con Hombres Repulsivos (Brief Encounters With Repulsive Men) is an adaptation by Daniel Veronese that follows eight brief, independent meetings between two actors to trace contemporary masculinity in response to encounters with a woman.
- July 22-25 is the world premiere of Ubú Pandemia that follows King Ubú’s forced return to the island he founded, amidst an unknown pandemic.
- July 23-24, the award-winning musical In the Heights will be playing at the Ziff Ballet Opera House, bringing a vibrant New York community to life.
Events at the Deering Estate: Throughout July
16701 SW 72nd Avenue, Deering Estate, Palmetto Bay
Planning a trip to the Deering Estate this summer? Check out their upcoming events:
- The Summer Cabaret Concert is the highlight of the month. Reserve your seats for a breathtaking musical performance inside the historic Great Hall at the estate by multi-award-winning pianist, singer, and composer Fanni Sárközy, who knows how to keep her audience captivated.
- Nature-lovers can expand their horizons with a Birds of Biscayne Boat Cruise, Butterfly Walk, or Herp Tour.
- Photography enthusiasts will find plenty of Instagrammable shots with the estate’s Sunrise and Moonrise Photography sessions.
- Looking for a cruise? Choose from the estate’s famous Lighthouses of Biscayne Bay Cruise, Stiltsville Guided Bay Cruise, or Boca Chita Key Cruise.
- Just want to get some movement? Try out the Deering’s Afro-Fusion Dance Class or Full Moon Yoga Class.
Events at the Fairchild Gardens: Throughout July
10901 Old Cutler Road, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Coral Gables
- Mango lovers should definitely keep an eye out for the garden’s mango propagation as well as mango ice cream, gelato, and sorbet cooking specials this July.
- Arts and craft enthusiasts will love their classes on summer floral arrangement, the art of orchid arrangement, and the art of macramé: fruit hammock special.
- Home cooks and sweets lovers will enjoy the garden’s botanical gelato class and botanical ice cream class.
- And those looking to develop their green thumb will find the water propagation, fronds and fossils terrarium class, succulent and air plant terrarium, growing a home orchard, and introduction to beekeeping classes especially useful.
Summer Camps at the Frost Museum of Science: Throughout July
1101 Biscayne Blvd, Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, Downtown Miami
Children have lots of themes to explore this summer, as they attend an in-person or virtual summer camp by the Frost Museum of Science. From Creative Brain to Moon and Mars, Aerospace Tech to Paleontology 101, and Physics in Motion to Science of the Arts, there’s plenty to keep the little ones busy this summer – that too in a safe and healthy environment.
O Cinema South Beach: July 7, 18 & 21
Grab that popcorn and dim the lights to enjoy these O Cinema picks right at home:
- Streaming July 7, Walkabout is a Nicholas Roeg film exploring the legends, dangers, and mysteries of the Australian outback.
- On July 8, tune into Within Our Gates for a heart-wrenching narrative of an idealistic Black schoolteacher from the 1920s.
- On July 21, get ready to catch the free online screening of Kenny Scharf: When Worlds Collide for a peek into the pop art icon’s inspiring journey.
- Also streaming July 21, The Last Wave is a supernatural thriller starring Richard Chamberlain as a lawyer who gets entangled in the haunting mysteries of Australian history.
Gables Cinema Drive-in: Throughout July
How many free classics can you binge on in a day? 1, 2, or more? Streaming up to 3 free movies a day, this virtual drive-in will continue showing classic gems such as Laurel & Hardy, The Three Stooges, Jack and the Beanstalk, Night of the Living Dead, and more until screens become fully operative. Additionally, you might also like to scroll down this page to find some interesting movies, screening for a limited time only.
Will you be attending any of these Miami events? Let us know on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter @blackbookproperties and share your fun with us!