The Most Luxurious Boutique Condo Buildings in South Beach
Feb 23, 2021 February 23, 2021
South Beach is undoubtedly one of the most sensational and happening neighborhoods in Miami to move into. It’s relaxed luxury and coastal vibe beckons those from all over the world looking for more quality of life and beautiful surroundings. While some might prefer a large condo tower with sky-views, others love the experience of beach life in an exclusive boutique condo with only a handful of neighbors.
So, to help you on your quest for the best and most luxurious boutique condos in South Beach, we’ve ranked the top 5 (based on average list price per square foot at the time of publishing) plus added a new boutique condo building in pre-construction to let you know what’s on the horizon. All of the condos on our list feature 30 or fewer units. The only exception on our list is Monad Terrace with its 59 units, simply because of its location on the quieter part of the beach and added privacy with vertical gardens and occupying one of the most coveted spots on the bay.
Why Choose South Beach?
A complete luxury lifestyle is made up of tangible and intangible experiences - and South Beach is known to be abundant in both. Although more popular for its fun beaches and enviable nightlife, this coastal neighborhood is diverse enough to build a beautiful life. Neighborhoods such as the South of Fifth, West Avenue, and Sunset Harbour are the upscale, family-friendly pockets that offer the perfect getaway from the touristy parts of town. Add to that some historic pastel-hued Art Deco buildings, world-class dining options, eclectic museums, iconic shopping, yoga on the beach, plus year-round cultural and outdoor events - and you have everything you need to enjoy the beach life.
The Best of Boutique Condos in South Beach
Marea – (30 units)Average List Price: $1,638 per sq ft
This modern oasis sits on one of South Beach’s most desirable waterfronts in the South of Fifth neighborhood. The two 7-story buildings are home to only 28 modern-chic residences plus 2 urban villas. With interiors by the highly acclaimed Yabu Pushelberg and architecture by Sieger Suarez, each light-filled luxury residence features high-end touches with water and/or garden views. Some top amenities at this boutique condo building include an art-infused lobby, rooftop pool terrace, Zen gardens by renowned artist Enzo Enea, plus elite concierge services accessible worldwide.
Monad Terrace – (59 units)Average List Price: $1,908 per sq ft
These newly built, ultra-luxury residences are French designer Jean Nouvel’s first in Florida - the atelier is better known for designing the Louvre in Abu Dhabi. Rising only 13 stories along South Beach’s quieter waterfront, this boutique condo building is home to 59 individually designed residences. Each stylish residence comes centered around a private lagoon and features extra-deep garden terraces with unobstructed water views. Highlight amenities include a café and juice bar, vertical climbing gardens shading the North and South façades, a central lagoon with sun decks, aquatic plants, plus infinity-edge pool, and much more.
Glass – (10 units)Average List Price: $2,392 per sq ft
This stunning, all-glass, oceanfront building rises only 18 stories to house 10 ultra-luxury residences. With just glass walls separating residents from the outdoors, each spacious condo comes designed by the award-winning Rene Gonzalez Architects featuring 360-degree views of the sun, sand, and water. Amenities at this boutique building include a full-level pool with spa and bbq area, gardens by Raymond Jungles, pool service, private beach club, and on-site estate manager.
Ocean House – (28 units)Average List Price: $2,444 per sq ft
This resort-style, oceanfront building sits surrounded by the finest restaurants in the upscale South of Fifth neighborhood. Designed by Nichols Brosch Sandoval and Associates and interiors by Antrobus + Ramirez, this boutique building rises only 7 stories high with a choice of lofts, condos, penthouses, and two-story beach houses. While 10 of its ultra-luxury residences face Ocean Drive, the remaining 18 overlook the ocean and beyond. Amenities at this boutique building include a historically preserved main lobby, private resident’s lounge with billiards and a bar, a beachfront zero-entry pool with whirlpool spa, outdoor gourmet kitchen, beachfront jogging path, private salon, and much more.
And the Winner of the Best Luxury Boutique Condo in South Beach Goes To . . .
321 Ocean – (16 units)Average List Price: $2,845 per sq ft
This all-glass enclave of luxurious living features a prestigious South of Fifth address. Home to only two low-rise buildings - separated by an Enzo Enea-designed central garden - it’s 5-story building fronts Ocean Drive whereas the 9-story boutique fronts the open ocean. Designed by the award-winning Mexcian architect Enrique Norten, 16 modern residences come furnished in the finest of materials and finishes. Highlight amenities include a beachfront infinity-edge pool, exquisite gardens, direct beach access, a Fit 321 - elite fitness center, an oceanfront lounge/library plus beachside services.
Premium Boutique Pre-construction to Watch for in South Beach:
Ocean Park – (10 units)
Average List Price: $1,548
This ultra-luxury condo building is being developed by Multiplan Real Estate Management in the exclusive South of Fifth neighborhood. Designed by Revuelta Architecture International, the 4-story/10-unit low-rise will stand opposite the Marjory Stoneman Ocean Beach Park at 304 and 312 Ocean Drive. The beachfront, boutique residences are set to feature kitchens by Poliform with Silestone Calcatta Gold stone grooved waterfall edge countertops, 10-foot-high ceilings, access to a private amenity deck with 36-foot pool, an outdoor spa with Jacuzzi, a summer kitchen, and 20 parking spaces.
How Safe is South Beach?
When a neighborhood is as diverse and popular a tourist destination plus annual hangout for spring breakers as South Beach, it is but natural for it to experience certain levels of crime. However, with the police department ramping up efforts to keep the spring break crowd in check as well as tightening up security in the shadier parts of town, South Beach residents will have a safer place to call home in the near future.
Still, the quieter, more residential pockets of Sunset Harbor, Belle Isle, West Avenue and South of Fifth continue being one of the safest parts of town. This helps South Beach (as part of Miami Beach) rank as the “No. 1 Suburb for Young Professionals in Florida” on niche.com’s 2020 survey. The beach holiday destination also gets an “A-” on “Good for Families,” “A-” for its “Public Schools,” “A” in terms of “Commute,” “A” in “Diversity,” and an “Overall Grade A”.
Best Restaurants in South Beach
Come Art Basel and the world comes to dine in South Beach. So, it’s quite natural for this top vacation destination to feature a variety of cuisine. From fresh, locally-sourced seafood to rich Italian, hearty Cuban, and delightful healthy bites, there’s something for every taste and pocket in South Beach. Here’s looking at some of the highest-rated eateries (4-star and more on Yelp.com) in the neighborhood:
- Joe’s Stone Crab is an institution that has been serving the freshest, most delectable stone crabs in town since 1913
- Yardbird Southern Table sets the bar high for soul food treats like fried chicken and deviled eggs plus the most impressive bourbon selection
- Puerto Sagua does the best Cuban all-time favorites like ropa vieja, sandwiches, oxtail stews, and café con leches
- La Sandwicherie is a crowd-favorite with its hearty sandwiches, healthy smoothies, and fresh salads
- The Front Porch is known for the best "South Beach affordable" brunch on the beach with unique southern and American treats
- Bodega Taqueria y Tequila is the spot for over-the-top Mexican street food, with their barbacoa, Pescado, steak chimichurri, and carnitas topping the charts
- Bolivar Restaurant Bar Lounge serves up the most delectable Colombian-Peruvian-Venezuelan gastronomical fusion with a full liquor bar
- CVI.CHE 105 is a crowd-puller for its scrumptious variety of Peruvian hits like the ceviche ganador, lomo saltado, and grilled octopus
- Sardinia Ristorante does the best Italian in town, its spaghetti bottarga and wine selection are must-tries
- The Social Club is known for its farm-to-table delights like classic eggs benedict and fried chicken plus barrel-to-glass wines and bottomless mimosa brunches
- Moreno’s Cuba is the authentic spot for Cuban delights like empanadas and Lechon Asado
- Poseidon Greek Restaurant and Outdoor Lounge is a boutique seafood restaurant known for its refreshing Mediterranean cuisine and interiors plus an outstanding outdoor dining experience
- The Local House is best known for its brunch menu with the crab cake benedict and lobster roll ruling the menu
- Byblos is wildly popular for its Middle East-meets-Miami Beach menu, including the likes of lamb ribs, duck kibbeh, and roasted lamb shoulder
- The Bazaar by James Beard award-winning Chef José Andrés serves a delicious play on Andrés’ Spanish heritage with local Latin influences
- Planta is a cute joint for delicious vegan staples like lettuce wraps and burgers
- Lucali is where locals and tourists head for their pizza fix, but can’t leave without tasting the Nutella Pie
- NaiYaRa is the sushi bar of choice for locals and the Miami New Times
- Red, the Steakhouse is a classic, straight-forward steakhouse, perfect to sink your teeth into
- Macchialina Taverna Rustica is another top spot for Italian in the city with house-made pastas at centerstage
- Stiltsville Fish Bar by Top Chef alumni Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth is famous for its fresh seafood and fried chicken
- Under the Mango Tree is a go-to for healthy eats with its organic juice bar and flavorful acai bowls
Shopping in South Beach
South Beach is not just a beach lover’s delight but also a shopper’s paradise. Residents as well as visitors love to hangout at the eight-block-wide, open-air mall of Lincoln Road. The iconic street mall is equally popular for its mainstream stores and contemporary brands as it is for its luxury boutiques, outdoor cafes and people-watching.
Another great spot worth stopping by are the Sunset Harbour Shops. For a place that’s tucked in an unassuming corner of South Beach, these are definitely big on variety. You will find a wide-ranging collection of luxury labels, limited-edition sneakers, clothing, swimwear, accessories, high-end goodies, and much more here. There is also a Publix, Fresh Market, Office Depot and Michael’s housed in this corner locale.
Besides some global brands and independent stores stradling Collins Avenue, residents will find their neighborhood Whole Foods and Publix by Alton Road. There’s also a Target and other Big Box stores along the upscale 5th street, plus plenty of Starbucks, Walgreens and CVS sprinkled around town.
The Best Located Condo in South Beach
The best located boutique condo on South Beach is a tough call. Each of these buildings has incredible advantages to its location. However, we love the beachfront privacy of 321 Ocean and Ocean House. The luxuriousness of the buildings, the amenities along with the privacy of the size of the buildings make either of these your own private beach villa.
If you’d like personalized help finding the perfect condo, villa or home for you, please let us know and we’ll be more than happy to help you. Call us anytime or reach out by email or our chat.