The Most Luxurious Condo Buildings in South Beach
Nov 25, 2019 November 25, 2019
South Beach is one of the most sought-after destination beaches in the world. So, living in a vacation hotspot naturally comes with a price. To top that, developers have crafted some of the most luxurious homes to appeal to the global elite frequenting the beach, tempting them to set up a permanent residence here. Below is our list of the 5 most luxurious, hence expensive, condo buildings in South Beach.
Why Choose South Beach?
South Beach has always been known for its hot party vibe and fun beaches. But only those who have lived here know that it’s also a beautifully diverse neighborhood to build a life in. Living in South Beach, residents get easy access to streets lined with historic, pastel-hued Art Deco buildings, top-notch dining options, the most amazing nightclubs in Miami, a shopping scene that will compel you outdoors, and year-round events. The water-bound neighborhood also ranks #1 on our 11 most walkable neighborhoods in Miami Beach study as well as the Miami Beach neighborhoods ranked for public transportation report.
The Best of the Best Condos in South Beach
W South Beach Residences – 2201 Collins AvenueAverage List Price: $2,019 per sq ft
Perched on 300 feet of pristine beachfront, this 20-story condo-hotel features 408 fully-furnished, ultra-luxury residences. Designed by the award-winning, Canadian design duo of Yabu Pushelberg, each high-end residence features exquisite finishes and grand views of the ocean. Standout amenities include preferred access to the W hotel and its services, two outdoor infinity-edge pools, the world-class Bliss Spa, exclusive SWEAT fitness club, fairytale backdrop “secret” garden, a museum-quality selection of art in the common spaces, rooftop tennis and basketball courts, plus much more.
Continuum South – 100 S Pointe Drive, South BeachAverage List Price: $2,335 per sq ft
Sitting on 12 acres of prestigious, southernmost oceanfront land, with private, direct beach access, the Continuum South rises 42 stories and houses 318 luxury condos and backs up to South Pointe Park. It also has a twin tower called Continuum North, which also ranks as one of the most expensive properties in the coveted South of Fifth neighborhood. Amenities here include a four-level fitness center and spa with pools and fountains, rooftop lap pool with snack bar, full-service beach club, three championship tennis courts, party room, and multiple meeting rooms.
Setai – 2001 Collins Avenue, South BeachAverage List Price: $2,759 per sq ft
Defining luxurious living, the Setai features 163 ultra-luxury residences set up with the most lavish of finishes. This 40-story building is designed to offer residents panoramic water and city views, along with access to the beach and a variety of water sports. Amenities at this pet-friendly building include three oceanfront swimming pools, poolside bars, a spa, on-premise boutique and art shop, plush gardens, a five-star restaurant, and an Asian-themed art gallery in the lobby.
Apogee – 800 S. Pointe Drive, South BeachAverage List Price: $2,770 per sq ft
Built for modern, luxurious living, the Apogee delivers 67 impeccable and spacious units. Each of the 22 stories feature only four residences per floor, so each condo enjoys both water and city views. Amenities at the Apogee include lobbies and common areas designed by Toronto-based Yabu Pushelberg, a state-of-the-art spa and fitness center, infinity-edge pool in garden setting, open-air party pavilion, artwork by Cuban-born José Bedia and a two-car garage per condo. Residents can also call South Pointe Park their backyard.
And the Winner of the Best Condo in South Beach in Terms of Luxury Goes To . . .
321 Ocean - 321 Ocean Drive, South BeachAverage List Price: $3,312 per sq ft
This unique collection of modern, beachfront ultra-luxury residences comes designed by the “Leonardo da Vinci” World Award of Arts-winning architect Enrique Norten. Only 21 exclusive residences are perched in these twin, five-story buildings in the prestigious South of Fifth neighborhood. Adorned by the finest materials, each uniquely outfitted ultra-luxury condo comes complemented by these standout amenities – beachfront infinity-edge pool, Enzo Enea-landscaped Garden at 321, signature Fit 321 fitness center, Ocean Library, and five-star concierge plus beach services.
Since South Beach is the hub for some of the hottest properties in Miami, we thought the following luxury condo buildings also deserve a special mention:
- Marea – 801 S Point Drive
Average List Price: $1,709 per sq ft
- Il Villaggio – 1455 Ocean Drive, South Beach
Average List Price: $1,728 per sq ft
- 1 Hotel & Homes – 102 24th Street
Average List Price: $1,947 per sq ft
- One Ocean – 1 Collins Avenue, South Beach
Average List Price: $1,964 per sq ft
- Continuum North – 50 S Point Drive
Average List Price: $2,413 per sq ft
Premium Pre-Construction to Watch Out For in South Beach
Monad Terrace – 1300 Monad Terrace
Designed by Pritzker prize-winning architect Jean Nouvel, and nestled at the end of a quaint bayfront street on South Beach’s West Avenue, this unique structure finds a glittering lagoon and climbing gardens as its centerpieces. The 59 ultra-luxury condos are built for privacy, with exotic climbers for shade on the north and south sides. Amenities at this waterfront building include a sun deck and 116-foot swimming pool overlooking Biscayne Bay, poolside service, café and juice bar, residents’ lounge, bicycle and water sports storage.
How Safe is South Beach?
South Beach has always been popular with globetrotters, partygoers, and spring breakers. Now, one of the downsides of being such a famous tourist destination is the crime and out-of-control crowds that come along with it. Considering South Beach recently got a bad rap for the spring break crowd wreaking havoc with law and order, the police department is doing the best it can to normalize crime rates down in the city. However, residents continue to find a safe haven and strong community in the quieter pockets of South of Fifth, West Avenue, Sunset Harbor and Belle Isle.
Best Restaurants in South Beach
Being a top beach vacation destination, it’s easy to find something to please every palate in South Beach. From locally sourced seafood, the finest beef cuts, mouthwatering Cuban sandwiches, authentic Italian, tempting tacos, and more, here are some of the highest-rated eateries (plus most reviewed according to Yelp.com) serving the best food you will find in the neighborhood:
- Joe’s Stone Crab has been the go-to place for crab claws and fried chicken since 1913
- Yardbird Southern Table is the top pick for soul food like fried chicken, deviled eggs, and fried green tomato BLT in Miami
- Puerto Sagua is the most popular joint for no-frills Cuban delights like ropa vieja, sandwiches, oxtail stews, and café con leches
- La Sandwicherie is wildly famous for its walk-up window service of hearty sandwiches, healthy smoothies, and fresh salads
- The Front Porch is a popular breakfast and brunch spot on the beach serving a variety of southern delights
- Bodega Taqueria y Tequila is the place for tacos and Mexican street food in town, locals swear by their barbacoa, Pescado, steak chimichurri, and carnitas
- Bolivar Restaurant Bar Lounge serves up the most delectable Colombian treats like churrasco, patacones, and lomo saltado
- CVI.CHE 105 is another top pick for Latin American delights like ceviche ganador, lomo saltado, and grilled octopus
- Sardinia does the best Italian in town
- The Social Club is a cocktail bar, best known for its brunch menu including old school eggs benedict, crispy mahi-mahi tacos, and chicken and waffle
- Moreno’s Cuba is another hotspot serving Cuban delights like empanadas and Lechon Asado
- Poseidon Greek Restaurant and Outdoor Lounge is a seafood boutique restaurant serving Mediterranean hits like grilled octopus, seafood pasta, and sea bass
- The Local House does seafood and brunch right
- Taquiza is a Mexican bar famous for its tasty tacos
- Byblos is a popular name among those looking to enjoy some Middle Eastern lamb ribs or duck kibbeh
- The Bazaar serves a delicious play on traditional Spanish with local influences by the James Beard award-winning Chef José Andrés
- Planta is your best bet for delicious vegan staples like lettuce wraps and burgers
- Lucali is where folks from near and far come for their pizza fix, but can’t leave without tasting the Nutella Pie
- NaiYaRa is the sushi bar of choice not just for locals, but also the Miami New Times
- Red, the Steakhouse is a classic, no-nonsense steakhouse that does comfort food right
Shopping in South Beach
Residents are not left wanting for anything when it comes to shopping options in South Beach. The coastal neighborhood is home to one of the most iconic open-air malls in South Florida - Lincoln Road. This eight-block mall is not only known for its outdoor cafés, mainstream stores, contemporary brands, and luxury boutiques, but also outdoor dining and people watching.
Another great place to stop by is the Sunset Harbour Shops. These might be tucked in a corner locale, but are home to a wide-ranging collection of luxury labels, on-trend clothing and accessories, stylish swimwear, limited-edition sneakers, high-end consignment goodies, and much more. There’s also a Publix, Fresh Market, Office Depot and Michael’s.
Residents can further find a Whole Foods and Publix by Alton Road, Target and other Big Box stores on 5th street, and plenty of Walgreens and CVS around town. There’s also the sprinkling of independently owned stores to well-known brands (including ultra-chic The Webster) around Collins Avenue, making for convenient shopping by the beach.
The Best Located Condo in South Beach
Our vote goes to Il Villaggio for the best-located condo in South Beach. First of all, it is oceanfront and is directly adjacent to the 74-acre Lummus Park. Secondly, sitting along the northern tip of Ocean Drive, it’s an easy walk from Lincoln Road, top-rated restaurants, and luxury hotels, yet it’s hidden away on the beach. Last, but not least, it’s the only building in South Beach to feature such expansive views of the park, beach, and ocean.
If you are looking for more luxury buildings in South Beach for sale, browse through our selection and check out the amazing lifestyle they have to offer.