Board rejects plans for MBay and Biscayne Beach
by Sep Niakan | January 08, 2014
Recommendation of DENIAL for Biscayne Beach:
Reasons for Denial :
· The North façade or the Parking Garage along the Primary Frontage at the ground floor shows an approximately 300’ long 14’ high blank wall abutting the pedestrian sidewalk. Although livable activities cannot be located at this level due to FEMA restriction, the Board considers that solutions such as entrances to residential lobbies or foyer areas, landscaping and other architectural treatments shall be developed in order to give the pedestrians a more pleasant experience.
· The tower at the West façade has a back of house treatment. A new approach shall be developed considering a more iconic treatment as corresponds to a front façade facing a view to the City.
· The Massiveness of the tower shall be reduced. The facades shall be designed using architectural elements to achieve this goal.
· The landscape proposal shall provide a Mitigation to comply with Chapter 17 of the city (de and Article 9 of the Miami 21 Zoning Code).
Recommendation of DENIAL for MBay:
Reasons for Denial:
· The board is not in agreement with the approved Variance to the 50’ waterfront setback requirement since a hardship has not been clearly demonstrated.
· The Board requested the applicant to either show an alternative that respects the 50’ setback or to otherwise show proof of the site limitations to fulfill requirements.
by Sep Niakan | February 22, 2017
A previous blog on how a petition to privatize an alley adjacent to Cité Condo sparked rumors of a new hotel coming to Edgewater did spark another thought process. It seems the latest trend for developments in Edgewater is to either be a...
by Sep Niakan | February 15, 2017
Miami has always been a melting pot of cultures. From the Bahamians that came to work at the Peacock Inn in the 1870s to influx of Cuban immigrants in the 1960s. Miami didn’t just welcome people with open arms, but also embraced their...
by Sep Niakan | February 14, 2017
Valentine’s is just around the corner, and while most people equate Valentine’s Day with romantic love, I prefer to celebrate love in a broader sense. To me, it’s more about celebrating bonds and relationships of all kinds,...
by Sep Niakan | February 12, 2017
If you thought living in Downtown Miami was a distant dream, think again. 2017 comes bearing great news for those who’ve always wanted to live close to the urban core but couldn’t afford it. You will now be able to rent a Downtown Miami...