Foursquare Locates Standing Miami Vice Landmarks for its 30th Anniversary
by Sep Niakan | November 13, 2014
The old Miami Vice television show is having its 30 year anniversary this year and Foursquare, an app with which you “check-in” at locations, is highlighting 10 popular spots from the shows that are still around.
Miami Vice was a popular show that helped get Miami on the radar, and it actually brought many visitors to the area. That was 30 years ago, here are the places in Miami today.
- East Side Pizza (731 NE 79th Street): The burger joint where the two characters, Stan Switek and Larry Zito meet Noogie in the show.
- Bayside Marketplace (401 Biscayne Blvd): The marketplace shown many times in the series.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens (3251 S Miami Ave): The villa at this location was shown many times through the series, especially in the episodes, “Whatever Works,” “Tale of the Goat,” “French Twist,” “God's Work,” “The Rising Sun of Death,” and “Heart of the Night.”
- Jerry's Famous Deli (1450 Collins Ave): In Miami Vice, this location was actually the Kobekai Club and the Warsaw Ballroom. After the end of Miami Vice, it became a Jerry’s Famous Deli, a restaurant with many delicacies. Now, it is vacant and will be filled with another renter soon.
- Miami Tower (100 SE 2nd Street): The Miami Tower is actually shown in the opening credits for the series.
- Mac's Club Deuce (222 14th Street): The writers for the show actually spent a lot of time in this bar. They also installed a neon light that the restaurant still owns, and it still works.
- Cameo Nightclub (1445 Washington Ave): In the first ever episode of Miami Vice, this theater makes a cameo.
- Miami-Dade County Courthouse (73 W Flagler Street): The courthouse makes an appearance in the opening credits sequence and also many episodes.
- The Carlyle Café (1250 Ocean Drive): The Carlyle is seen in the opening credits, with two women in bikinis walking out. It is also featured in many episodes.
- Atlantis Condominium (2025 Brickell Ave): This condo is also featured in the opening credits, but it is seen in the episodes “Hit List,” and “Viking Bikers from Hell” as well.
by Sep Niakan | May 29, 2017
For this month’s pre-construction market roundup, we have Biscayne Beach ready to welcome residents, a boutique condo proposed for South Beach, a lawsuit on sloppy documents/buyer's remorse (you decide), and two approvals. Have a look...
by Sep Niakan | May 22, 2017
How much is the fee to have a knowledgeable and licensed Miami real estate broker help me select the right property? How much of my money does developer use during construction? What are the penalties if I decide to cancel my pre-construction...
by Sep Niakan | May 22, 2017
Why You Need to Read This Miami Pre-construction Condo Guide Miami Pre-Construction Phases How to Negotiate the Best Miami Pre-Construction Deal How to Finance Pre-Construction Property Closing Costs for Pre-Construction...
by Sep Niakan | May 20, 2017
With summer here, Miami turns up the heat with the hottest events lining up for the month of June. You can find a new way to spend each day, whether it's catching up on international cinema, going on a food-eating spree, or peering over the...