Create an Emergency Christmas Party Clean-Up Kit for the Holiday Season
by Sep Niakan | December 23, 2014
During the Christmas season, many parties of all shapes, sizes, attitudes, and excitement levels are happening all over the place. For the people who are staying home or inviting friends over, here is a convenient emergency spill kit for those inevitable spills and accidents.
It is recommended that you keep the kit in a basket or a caddy to have at the ready in a moment’s notice, which could also help avoid some embarassment and chaotic rummaging under the sink.
- A sponge or a microfiber cloth for the big spills.
- A small broom and dustpan for the dry food or possible glass breaking.
- A small vacuum, or just any vacuum in a convenient place if you have a lot of carpet.
- Countertop cleaner in case a spill makes it on a counter.
- Soda water, which is used to dilute a stain if necessary. You could also use it in a drink if you run out during the party.
- Salt to combine with the soda water to remove stains.
- Laundry stain stick or some wipes for spills that make it on people’s clothes.
- Masking tape, which is used to pick up those small fragments of glass that no one can see, but someone would undoubtably find with their foot.
- Vinegar and Baking Soda, which is another classic stain remover.
In addition, there are some other helpful tips you might be interested in.
If you are going to someone else’s place to enjoy your Christmas, perhaps take this kit with you and leave it in your car. It could also make a good gift for the host. Lastly, remember to play it cool. If you are cleaning up a mess, it is best to avoid the embarassment and come prepared.
by Sep Niakan | December 06, 2016
It’s my favorite time of year to be in Miami! The weather has cooled off a bit. The city’s abuzz with people from every corner of the world (thanks to Art Basel). The holiday spirit is gradually taking over, and there’s a bunch of...
by Sep Niakan | November 29, 2016
This is a story of how one Miami condo dweller (that's me, Sep Niakan) gave up his car at the end of his lease and gained freedom (and $$) in its place. If you have been thinking of getting rid of your car or know someone who is, read...
by Sep Niakan | November 24, 2016
Lending, specifically FHA lending, is inching forward in favor of Miami Condos. Before President Trump pulls out any game-changers, I thought it would be the right time to reflect on a Bill passed into law by President Obama this August. The...
by Sep Niakan | November 22, 2016
It’s been almost a year since BrickellHouse’s robotic parking garage blunder, and I’ve been thinking about what this means for the automated parking business in Miami condos. In brief, Boomerang Systems (the robotic garage...