Create an Emergency Christmas Party Clean-Up Kit for the Holiday Season
by Sep Niakan | December 23, 2014
During the Christmas season, many parties of all shapes, sizes, attitudes, and excitement levels are happening all over the place. For the people who are staying home or inviting friends over, here is a convenient emergency spill kit for those inevitable spills and accidents.
It is recommended that you keep the kit in a basket or a caddy to have at the ready in a moment’s notice, which could also help avoid some embarassment and chaotic rummaging under the sink.
- A sponge or a microfiber cloth for the big spills.
- A small broom and dustpan for the dry food or possible glass breaking.
- A small vacuum, or just any vacuum in a convenient place if you have a lot of carpet.
- Countertop cleaner in case a spill makes it on a counter.
- Soda water, which is used to dilute a stain if necessary. You could also use it in a drink if you run out during the party.
- Salt to combine with the soda water to remove stains.
- Laundry stain stick or some wipes for spills that make it on people’s clothes.
- Masking tape, which is used to pick up those small fragments of glass that no one can see, but someone would undoubtably find with their foot.
- Vinegar and Baking Soda, which is another classic stain remover.
In addition, there are some other helpful tips you might be interested in.
If you are going to someone else’s place to enjoy your Christmas, perhaps take this kit with you and leave it in your car. It could also make a good gift for the host. Lastly, remember to play it cool. If you are cleaning up a mess, it is best to avoid the embarassment and come prepared.
by Sep Niakan | April 18, 2017
The temperatures are picking up and it’s time to lather on the sun tan and cool off with some awesome events around town. Here’s our pick of the hippest festivals in Miami to make for a magnificent May: SunFest Music and Arts Festival...
by Sep Niakan | April 17, 2017
Think Miami Beach and most people conjure up images of Spring Break, bikini-clad college students and a wild party worthy of '90s-era MTV. However, truth is that Miami’s beaches have a lot more to offer than those hyped up versions of...
by Sep Niakan | April 14, 2017
March has been a pretty busy month for Miami’s condo pre-construction market. From two sales gallery launches to four buildings topping-off, there’s been plenty of activity to keep the market abuzz. The biggest news, however, came in the...