Valentine’s Day – Your 101 Guide
by Sep Niakan | February 06, 2015
There’s something magical in the air. It’s time to skip the routine, put the running around on hold and celebrate that someone special in your life. And since Miami is recognized the world over for its entertainment skills, there couldn’t be a better place to plan a very special day dedicated to your loved one.
Whether you’re a fan of candlelight dinners, are culturally inclined, or prefer something more exciting, somewhere in Miami, there’s a Valentine’s Day event that’ll steal your heart.
- Get your fix of New World flavors and proclaim your love from the rooftop at Tuyo, the crown-jewel restaurant atop the new Miami Culinary Institute of Miami-Dade College with a seductive prix-fixe menu to delight your senses.
- Get in the mood with live violin music and an intimate, five-course candlelit dinner at The Setai prepared by Executive Chef Mathias Gervais and his talented team of culinary artists.
- Is a cultural experience more your style? Then the Valentine’s Day Concert Event at the Coral Gables Museum is just what you need. Enjoy an open wine bar, box of chocolates and a chamber music concert with the talented Alhambra Quartet and guest pianist Mia Vasseliv to set the mood right.
- There couldn’t be a more flattering way to say “Be My Valentine” than to book the namesake package by the triple Five-Star Mandarin Oriental. Available throughout February, you get an overnight accommodation in a deluxe room, full American breakfast in bed and a bottle of Piper-Heidsieck champagne with chocolate covered strawberries to tantalize your senses.
- Forget sulking and get all your single friends together at the Anti-Valentine's Day Valentine's Party by Mix & Mingle Events. Host Lindsay Shapiro will keep you entertained with a Chinese Auction, games and Anti-Valentine's Day prizes at Hotel Croydon’s rooftop.
- Take the speed dating option – a cool event at Touche Rooftop Lounge and Restaurant. They claim you will have at least eight 8-mintue dates with singles in the same age group as yourself. The event will also include complimentary appetizers and a raffle. Tickets are priced at $35.
Love to party?
- If you enjoy live music then the Nine Mile Music Festival is not one to miss. With epic headliners such as Damian Marley, the Nine Mile Music Festival is a must see for rap and hip-hop lovers. Doors open at 12:30pm with tickets starting at $52. The concert is being held at the Fair Expo Center.
- Not buying into the whole Valentine’s Day tradition? Then your only venue in Miami should be Story Nightclub. With epic sets from Hector and Marco Carola, doors open at 11pm. Expect to wake up with the signs of a fun night – ringing ears and heavy dehydration.
Whether you are single, in a relationship, not sure where you stand or just want an excuse to go out and drink, Miami has all the options covered.
by Sep Niakan | December 06, 2016
It’s my favorite time of year to be in Miami! The weather has cooled off a bit. The city’s abuzz with people from every corner of the world (thanks to Art Basel). The holiday spirit is gradually taking over, and there’s a bunch of...
by Sep Niakan | November 29, 2016
This is a story of how one Miami condo dweller (that's me, Sep Niakan) gave up his car at the end of his lease and gained freedom (and $$) in its place. If you have been thinking of getting rid of your car or know someone who is, read...
by Sep Niakan | November 24, 2016
Lending, specifically FHA lending, is inching forward in favor of Miami Condos. Before President Trump pulls out any game-changers, I thought it would be the right time to reflect on a Bill passed into law by President Obama this August. The...
by Sep Niakan | November 22, 2016
It’s been almost a year since BrickellHouse’s robotic parking garage blunder, and I’ve been thinking about what this means for the automated parking business in Miami condos. In brief, Boomerang Systems (the robotic garage...