Valentine’s Day – Your 101 Guide
by Sep Niakan | February 06, 2015
There’s something magical in the air. It’s time to skip the routine, put the running around on hold and celebrate that someone special in your life. And since Miami is recognized the world over for its entertainment skills, there couldn’t be a better place to plan a very special day dedicated to your loved one.
Whether you’re a fan of candlelight dinners, are culturally inclined, or prefer something more exciting, somewhere in Miami, there’s a Valentine’s Day event that’ll steal your heart.
- Get your fix of New World flavors and proclaim your love from the rooftop at Tuyo, the crown-jewel restaurant atop the new Miami Culinary Institute of Miami-Dade College with a seductive prix-fixe menu to delight your senses.
- Get in the mood with live violin music and an intimate, five-course candlelit dinner at The Setai prepared by Executive Chef Mathias Gervais and his talented team of culinary artists.
- Is a cultural experience more your style? Then the Valentine’s Day Concert Event at the Coral Gables Museum is just what you need. Enjoy an open wine bar, box of chocolates and a chamber music concert with the talented Alhambra Quartet and guest pianist Mia Vasseliv to set the mood right.
- There couldn’t be a more flattering way to say “Be My Valentine” than to book the namesake package by the triple Five-Star Mandarin Oriental. Available throughout February, you get an overnight accommodation in a deluxe room, full American breakfast in bed and a bottle of Piper-Heidsieck champagne with chocolate covered strawberries to tantalize your senses.
- Forget sulking and get all your single friends together at the Anti-Valentine's Day Valentine's Party by Mix & Mingle Events. Host Lindsay Shapiro will keep you entertained with a Chinese Auction, games and Anti-Valentine's Day prizes at Hotel Croydon’s rooftop.
- Take the speed dating option – a cool event at Touche Rooftop Lounge and Restaurant. They claim you will have at least eight 8-mintue dates with singles in the same age group as yourself. The event will also include complimentary appetizers and a raffle. Tickets are priced at $35.
Love to party?
- If you enjoy live music then the Nine Mile Music Festival is not one to miss. With epic headliners such as Damian Marley, the Nine Mile Music Festival is a must see for rap and hip-hop lovers. Doors open at 12:30pm with tickets starting at $52. The concert is being held at the Fair Expo Center.
- Not buying into the whole Valentine’s Day tradition? Then your only venue in Miami should be Story Nightclub. With epic sets from Hector and Marco Carola, doors open at 11pm. Expect to wake up with the signs of a fun night – ringing ears and heavy dehydration.
Whether you are single, in a relationship, not sure where you stand or just want an excuse to go out and drink, Miami has all the options covered.
by Sep Niakan | January 12, 2017
According to thenextmiami, a petition involving a 15 by 75 feet alley has sparked speculations that a brand new hotel could be coming to Edgewater. Why? Simply because this alley comes attached to a 7,875 sq. ft. plot located at 348 Northeast 20...
by Sep Niakan | January 09, 2017
Ever tried driving from Brickell to Downtown Miami for lunch? Most Miamians dread the thought of catching the dreaded drawbridge, which opens every hour or half-hour during non-curfew hours to allow river traffic to pass under. So what’s...
by Sep Niakan | January 08, 2017
Last year’s headlines weren’t too kind to Miami with hurricanes, Zika warnings and falling sales painting a dark picture. However, with the elections finally done with, there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about 2017: 1. ...
by Sep Niakan | December 28, 2016
We all know Wynwood as the friendly, hipster neighborhood splashed with the best street art in the world. It’s where we all go for our art fix, browse far-out finds and linger around for a couple of craft beers. But, how about shopping,...