Valentine’s Day – Your 101 Guide
by Sep Niakan | February 06, 2015
There’s something magical in the air. It’s time to skip the routine, put the running around on hold and celebrate that someone special in your life. And since Miami is recognized the world over for its entertainment skills, there couldn’t be a better place to plan a very special day dedicated to your loved one.
Whether you’re a fan of candlelight dinners, are culturally inclined, or prefer something more exciting, somewhere in Miami, there’s a Valentine’s Day event that’ll steal your heart.
- Get your fix of New World flavors and proclaim your love from the rooftop at Tuyo, the crown-jewel restaurant atop the new Miami Culinary Institute of Miami-Dade College with a seductive prix-fixe menu to delight your senses.
- Get in the mood with live violin music and an intimate, five-course candlelit dinner at The Setai prepared by Executive Chef Mathias Gervais and his talented team of culinary artists.
- Is a cultural experience more your style? Then the Valentine’s Day Concert Event at the Coral Gables Museum is just what you need. Enjoy an open wine bar, box of chocolates and a chamber music concert with the talented Alhambra Quartet and guest pianist Mia Vasseliv to set the mood right.
- There couldn’t be a more flattering way to say “Be My Valentine” than to book the namesake package by the triple Five-Star Mandarin Oriental. Available throughout February, you get an overnight accommodation in a deluxe room, full American breakfast in bed and a bottle of Piper-Heidsieck champagne with chocolate covered strawberries to tantalize your senses.
- Forget sulking and get all your single friends together at the Anti-Valentine's Day Valentine's Party by Mix & Mingle Events. Host Lindsay Shapiro will keep you entertained with a Chinese Auction, games and Anti-Valentine's Day prizes at Hotel Croydon’s rooftop.
- Take the speed dating option – a cool event at Touche Rooftop Lounge and Restaurant. They claim you will have at least eight 8-mintue dates with singles in the same age group as yourself. The event will also include complimentary appetizers and a raffle. Tickets are priced at $35.
Love to party?
- If you enjoy live music then the Nine Mile Music Festival is not one to miss. With epic headliners such as Damian Marley, the Nine Mile Music Festival is a must see for rap and hip-hop lovers. Doors open at 12:30pm with tickets starting at $52. The concert is being held at the Fair Expo Center.
- Not buying into the whole Valentine’s Day tradition? Then your only venue in Miami should be Story Nightclub. With epic sets from Hector and Marco Carola, doors open at 11pm. Expect to wake up with the signs of a fun night – ringing ears and heavy dehydration.
Whether you are single, in a relationship, not sure where you stand or just want an excuse to go out and drink, Miami has all the options covered.
by Sep Niakan | February 15, 2017
Miami has always been a melting pot of cultures. From the Bahamians that came to work at the Peacock Inn in the 1870s to influx of Cuban immigrants in the 1960s. Miami didn’t just welcome people with open arms, but also embraced their...
by Sep Niakan | February 12, 2017
If you thought living in Downtown Miami was a distant dream, think again. 2017 comes bearing great news for those who’ve always wanted to live close to the urban core but couldn’t afford it. You will now be able to rent a Downtown Miami...
by Sep Niakan | February 12, 2017
If you’ve been eyeing property in Edgewater, I have great news for you. With Edgewater’s Cité condos getting Fannie Mae approved, you could now get in with a lower down payment. Or better still, have reduced monthly payments due...
by Sep Niakan | February 05, 2017
It looks like the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science has finally got the “spring” back in its step. A quick Google search reveals that the facility aims to open ‘early 2017’, which means it could be ready just in...