Making Mother’s Day Extra Special in Miami
by Sep Niakan | April 16, 2015
All mommies are special. Period. They run after everyone, help with last-minute homework, organize closets, do the laundry, find that elusive pair of glasses, never let anyone miss a meal and so much more. Naturally, it can be quite perplexing trying to figure out how to give this special lady a day off they’ll truly enjoy.
Luckily, if you’re in Miami, there’s a whole bunch of activities you can plan to make Mother’s Day a special delight for your mother, partner or grandmother. Here’s a list of some of the simplest fixes beyond breakfast-in-bed and dedicated doodles that’ll help moms blow off some steam for a change:
- Miami is best known for its beaches worldwide. So why not gift her a vacation right at home? You could accompany her to South Beach, Haulover Beach, Bill Baggs Cape or Virginia Key Beach with some suntan lotion, a good book and a round of cocktails to make for a relaxing retreat.
- There’s nothing that’ll destress those frazzled nerves better than a spa appointment. So splurge a little and give her a divine experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa, The Setai or Shore Club Spa.
- Who doesn’t like to shop? Miami’s brimming shopping scene is more than enough to offer therapeutic relief. Just hand her a credit card or become her wallet + valet for the day and let her indulge at Lincoln Road Mall, CocoWalk, Bal Harbour Shops, Miracle Mile or Aventura Mall.
- For the adventurous-at-heart, a day at the Seaquarium, Jungle Island, Zoo Miami, Everglades National Park or Oleta River State Park will definitely help them get in touch with their wild side.
- If you’re old-school, there’s no dearth of fine-dining to down-to-earth eateries to choose from for bonding over brunch. Just make sure to have your reservations done in time. Take a pick from Zuma for Japanese, Joe’s Stone Crab for seafood, Il Gabbiano for Italian, Pascal’s on Ponce for French, Eating House Miami for American, OLA for Latin American, or even Ceviche 105 for Peruvian delicacies.
by Sep Niakan | November 29, 2016
This is a story of how one Miami condo dweller (that's me, Sep Niakan) gave up his car at the end of his lease and gained freedom (and $$) in its place. If you have been thinking of getting rid of your car or know someone who is, read...
by Sep Niakan | November 24, 2016
Lending, specifically FHA lending, is inching forward in favor of Miami Condos. Before President Trump pulls out any game-changers, I thought it would be the right time to reflect on a Bill passed into law by President Obama this August. The...
by Sep Niakan | November 22, 2016
It’s been almost a year since BrickellHouse’s robotic parking garage blunder, and I’ve been thinking about what this means for the automated parking business in Miami condos. In brief, Boomerang Systems (the robotic garage...
by Sep Niakan | October 31, 2016
From a humble 9-to-5 district to after-dark playground for the it-crowd, Downtown Miami has had quite a turnaround in the past decade or so. According to the latest Miami Downtown Development Authority report, there are now 88,540 residents in...