Making Mother’s Day Extra Special in Miami
by Sep Niakan | April 16, 2015
All mommies are special. Period. They run after everyone, help with last-minute homework, organize closets, do the laundry, find that elusive pair of glasses, never let anyone miss a meal and so much more. Naturally, it can be quite perplexing trying to figure out how to give this special lady a day off they’ll truly enjoy.
Luckily, if you’re in Miami, there’s a whole bunch of activities you can plan to make Mother’s Day a special delight for your mother, partner or grandmother. Here’s a list of some of the simplest fixes beyond breakfast-in-bed and dedicated doodles that’ll help moms blow off some steam for a change:
- Miami is best known for its beaches worldwide. So why not gift her a vacation right at home? You could accompany her to South Beach, Haulover Beach, Bill Baggs Cape or Virginia Key Beach with some suntan lotion, a good book and a round of cocktails to make for a relaxing retreat.
- There’s nothing that’ll destress those frazzled nerves better than a spa appointment. So splurge a little and give her a divine experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa, The Setai or Shore Club Spa.
- Who doesn’t like to shop? Miami’s brimming shopping scene is more than enough to offer therapeutic relief. Just hand her a credit card or become her wallet + valet for the day and let her indulge at Lincoln Road Mall, CocoWalk, Bal Harbour Shops, Miracle Mile or Aventura Mall.
- For the adventurous-at-heart, a day at the Seaquarium, Jungle Island, Zoo Miami, Everglades National Park or Oleta River State Park will definitely help them get in touch with their wild side.
- If you’re old-school, there’s no dearth of fine-dining to down-to-earth eateries to choose from for bonding over brunch. Just make sure to have your reservations done in time. Take a pick from Zuma for Japanese, Joe’s Stone Crab for seafood, Il Gabbiano for Italian, Pascal’s on Ponce for French, Eating House Miami for American, OLA for Latin American, or even Ceviche 105 for Peruvian delicacies.
by Sep Niakan | September 17, 2017
August comes up with quite some movement for the preconstruction condo market in Miami. We have Aston Martin Residences gearing up for a fall groundbreaking, Canvas and The Harbour successfully topped off, 1010 Brickell got its ok to open and...
by Sep Niakan | August 29, 2017
Septembers can be a sobering time for most as we say goodbye to summertime frolic. Kids are either back to school or are gearing up for it. Parents are busy running around, trying to get everything and every kid organized. It’s back to the...
by Sep Niakan | August 29, 2017
For most people, paying taxes equals one big headache. In Florida, knowing your tax laws is worth the pain. Being a Florida resident, you can gain from many tax-saving programs. You can also find affordable real estate in big cities like Miami....
by Sep Niakan | August 27, 2017
Summer may be on its way out, but that doesn’t mean things have to fizzle down. There’s a whole bunch of stuff to do this month, especially around Labor Day weekend. Scroll through our top picks and plan a fun September in...