FIFA Officials Arrested, and Their Properties Potentically Seized
by Sep Niakan | June 03, 2015
14 officials and executives for the biggest soccer company in the world, Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), have been indicted in Zurich by U.S. prosecutors and have been cited with a list of charges including racketeering, corruption, and conspiracy.
As a part of the charges, four of the men own 13 properties in South Florida and Georgia, which were connected to crimes that these men allegedly committed. In the case of these men being convicted, the United States Government could potentially take ownership of the properties away from them.
Jack Warner, President of the Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF), is being accused of withdrawing funds from a CONCACAF account to purchase a Miami condo in 2005 in a family member’s name.
Jeffrey Webb, Vice President of FIFA, is being accused of transferring money to fund a pool in his home in Loganville, GA in 2012. He also is being accused of transferring money to purchase a Stone Mountain, GA home.
Several others were accused of crimes similar to those listed.
A list of the properties in question that could potentially be owned by the government soon are as follows.
1. 2116 Adel Drive, Loganville, GA. Six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, 9,851 square-feet of space.
2. 5119 Madeline Place, Stone Mountain, GA. Three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, 1,725 square-foot condo.
3. 7222 Lake Crossing, Stone Mountain, GA. Five bedrooms, three bathrooms, 2,846 square-feet of space.
4. 104 Ellis Drive, Conyers, GA. Three bedroom, two and a half bathrooms, 1,518 square-feet of space.
5. 808 Brickell Key Drive Apt #1204 Miami, FL. One bedroom, two bathrooms, 790 square-foot condo.
6. 18067 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
7. 18061 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
8. 18055 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
9. 18049 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
10. 18043 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse
11. 8450 Southwest 149th Avenue Apt #805 Miami, FL.
12. 8660 Southwest 149th Avenue Apt #201 Miami, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,055 square-foot condo.
13. 8660 Southwest 149th Avenue Apt #209 Miami, FL. Three bedrooms, thee bathrooms, 1,420 square-foot condo.
Photo credit: Renderings - therealdeal.com
by Sep Niakan | January 17, 2018
Taking a cue from the New Year and new beginnings, we saw the condo pre-construction market make three ground breakings this December. After months of silence, there was finally some hustle from developers at Resorts World Miami. Ritz-Carlton...
by Sep Niakan | January 05, 2018
Welcome to the other side of the New Year! The side that’s made up of fresh energy, brand new ideas and a whole 365 days of infinite possibilities. A lot of people consider January to be the month when the festive season and all its...
by Sep Niakan | December 31, 2017
The Holiday season may be over, but the festivities don’t have to stop if you’re in Miami. Take a pick of your favorite music, art, fitness or film festival below and let the merriment continue into January 2018. Miami Cruise...