FIFA Officials Arrested, and Their Properties Potentically Seized
by Sep Niakan | June 03, 2015
14 officials and executives for the biggest soccer company in the world, Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), have been indicted in Zurich by U.S. prosecutors and have been cited with a list of charges including racketeering, corruption, and conspiracy.
As a part of the charges, four of the men own 13 properties in South Florida and Georgia, which were connected to crimes that these men allegedly committed. In the case of these men being convicted, the United States Government could potentially take ownership of the properties away from them.
Jack Warner, President of the Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF), is being accused of withdrawing funds from a CONCACAF account to purchase a Miami condo in 2005 in a family member’s name.
Jeffrey Webb, Vice President of FIFA, is being accused of transferring money to fund a pool in his home in Loganville, GA in 2012. He also is being accused of transferring money to purchase a Stone Mountain, GA home.
Several others were accused of crimes similar to those listed.
A list of the properties in question that could potentially be owned by the government soon are as follows.
1. 2116 Adel Drive, Loganville, GA. Six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, 9,851 square-feet of space.
2. 5119 Madeline Place, Stone Mountain, GA. Three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, 1,725 square-foot condo.
3. 7222 Lake Crossing, Stone Mountain, GA. Five bedrooms, three bathrooms, 2,846 square-feet of space.
4. 104 Ellis Drive, Conyers, GA. Three bedroom, two and a half bathrooms, 1,518 square-feet of space.
5. 808 Brickell Key Drive Apt #1204 Miami, FL. One bedroom, two bathrooms, 790 square-foot condo.
6. 18067 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
7. 18061 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
8. 18055 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
9. 18049 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
10. 18043 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse
11. 8450 Southwest 149th Avenue Apt #805 Miami, FL.
12. 8660 Southwest 149th Avenue Apt #201 Miami, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,055 square-foot condo.
13. 8660 Southwest 149th Avenue Apt #209 Miami, FL. Three bedrooms, thee bathrooms, 1,420 square-foot condo.
Photo credit: Renderings - therealdeal.com
by Sep Niakan | January 22, 2017
Welcome to the month of love! February’s here, and it’s time to get into celebration mode once again. With Valentine’s being the highlight of the month, Miami’s got a mixed bag of events that will help singles and couples...
by Sep Niakan | January 12, 2017
According to thenextmiami, a petition involving a 15 by 75 feet alley has sparked speculations that a brand new hotel could be coming to Edgewater. Why? Simply because this alley comes attached to a 7,875 sq. ft. plot located at 348 Northeast 20...
by Sep Niakan | January 09, 2017
Ever tried driving from Brickell to Downtown Miami for lunch? Most Miamians dread the thought of catching the dreaded drawbridge, which opens every hour or half-hour during non-curfew hours to allow river traffic to pass under. So what’s...
by Sep Niakan | January 08, 2017
Last year’s headlines weren’t too kind to Miami with hurricanes, Zika warnings and falling sales painting a dark picture. However, with the elections finally done with, there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about 2017: 1. ...