FIFA Officials Arrested, and Their Properties Potentically Seized
by Sep Niakan | June 03, 2015
14 officials and executives for the biggest soccer company in the world, Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), have been indicted in Zurich by U.S. prosecutors and have been cited with a list of charges including racketeering, corruption, and conspiracy.
As a part of the charges, four of the men own 13 properties in South Florida and Georgia, which were connected to crimes that these men allegedly committed. In the case of these men being convicted, the United States Government could potentially take ownership of the properties away from them.
Jack Warner, President of the Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF), is being accused of withdrawing funds from a CONCACAF account to purchase a Miami condo in 2005 in a family member’s name.
Jeffrey Webb, Vice President of FIFA, is being accused of transferring money to fund a pool in his home in Loganville, GA in 2012. He also is being accused of transferring money to purchase a Stone Mountain, GA home.
Several others were accused of crimes similar to those listed.
A list of the properties in question that could potentially be owned by the government soon are as follows.
1. 2116 Adel Drive, Loganville, GA. Six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, 9,851 square-feet of space.
2. 5119 Madeline Place, Stone Mountain, GA. Three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, 1,725 square-foot condo.
3. 7222 Lake Crossing, Stone Mountain, GA. Five bedrooms, three bathrooms, 2,846 square-feet of space.
4. 104 Ellis Drive, Conyers, GA. Three bedroom, two and a half bathrooms, 1,518 square-feet of space.
5. 808 Brickell Key Drive Apt #1204 Miami, FL. One bedroom, two bathrooms, 790 square-foot condo.
6. 18067 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
7. 18061 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
8. 18055 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
9. 18049 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse.
10. 18043 Northwest 74th Court, Hialeah, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,105 square-foot townhouse
11. 8450 Southwest 149th Avenue Apt #805 Miami, FL.
12. 8660 Southwest 149th Avenue Apt #201 Miami, FL. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,055 square-foot condo.
13. 8660 Southwest 149th Avenue Apt #209 Miami, FL. Three bedrooms, thee bathrooms, 1,420 square-foot condo.
Photo credit: Renderings - therealdeal.com
by Sep Niakan | December 06, 2016
It’s my favorite time of year to be in Miami! The weather has cooled off a bit. The city’s abuzz with people from every corner of the world (thanks to Art Basel). The holiday spirit is gradually taking over, and there’s a bunch of...
by Sep Niakan | November 29, 2016
This is a story of how one Miami condo dweller (that's me, Sep Niakan) gave up his car at the end of his lease and gained freedom (and $$) in its place. If you have been thinking of getting rid of your car or know someone who is, read...
by Sep Niakan | November 24, 2016
Lending, specifically FHA lending, is inching forward in favor of Miami Condos. Before President Trump pulls out any game-changers, I thought it would be the right time to reflect on a Bill passed into law by President Obama this August. The...
by Sep Niakan | November 22, 2016
It’s been almost a year since BrickellHouse’s robotic parking garage blunder, and I’ve been thinking about what this means for the automated parking business in Miami condos. In brief, Boomerang Systems (the robotic garage...