Miami Events February 2022: Miami Marathon, International Boat Show, Dua Lipa, Art Wynwood, Coconut Grove Arts Festival & More
Jan 26, 2022 January 26, 2022
Love is in the air and Miami has an equally lovely lineup of events and fun things to do this February. Gift yourself some TLC that’s light on the pocket with amazing offers courtesy of the Miami Health & Wellness program. Take your pick of art festivals like the Coconut Grove Arts Festival, Art Wynwood, and South Miami Rotary Art Festival are all back this year. We also have Imagine Dragon and Dua Lipa performing at the FTX Arena. The Miami Marathon and Half Marathon, the Miami International Boat Show, and of course, the South Beach Wine & Food Festival is the highlight of the month.
We’ve also included a special lineup of pre-Valentine and Valentine’s Day events to get you started. Read on for the full list of Top Things to Do in Miami in February 2022:
Things to Do in Miami - February Events at a Glance
February 2022: Miami In-person Events
- Miami Health & Wellness Months: Through February & March
- Miami Marathon and Half Marathon: February 4-6
- Make Fetch Happen: February 5 & 6
- Imagine Dragon, Dua Lipa & Other Events at FTX Arena: February 6, 9, 10 & 24
- Miami International Boat Show: February 16-20
- Art Wynwood: February 17-21
- Brews & Qs – Vizcaya’s Climate Collaborative Series: February 17
- Usketch at the Lowe: February 18
- Laser Evenings + Coding for Reef Cleanup at Frost Museum of Science: February 18 & 27
- Coconut Grove Arts Festival: February 19-21
- South Beach Wine & Food Festival: February 24-27
- South Miami Rotary Art Festival: February 26 & 27
- Best of ‘Shorts Under the Stars’ at Deering Estate: February 27
- Events at the Adrienne Arsht Center: Throughout February
- Events at the Fairchild Gardens: Throughout February
February 2022: Miami Virtual Events
- National YoungArts Week: February 1-4
- Museum Story Time - African American/ Black Community Stories: February 8
- Coffee, Tea, What Do You See? By Lowe Arts: February 11
Love comes in many forms – romantic partner, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, friends, pets, and more. This season, pause to celebrate a loved one with our curations for Valentine’s Day events in Miami:
- Get cooking on the 10th! As part of your pre-Valentine prep, learn how to whip up a quick and easy four-course Valentine’s Day Dinner for your beloved with this hands-on session at the Miami Culinary Institute.
- If they loved “Ghost,” they’ll thank you for this too. Select a night from the 11th to 14th to indulge in this Valentine's Date Night Paint & Sip session guided by NYC artist Mika James featuring great music and immaculate vibes.
- Stay “Forever Lit” with this sweet, pre-Valentine’s Day candle-making class on the 12th. There will also be music and cheesecake to enjoy with your favorite person.
- Set sail into the sunset with your boo as you board this Love at Sea Music Cruise on the 13th. There will be an open bar, jammin’ by DJ Oscar, plus a rose and chocolates for the ladies to complete the experience.
- Hyatt Regency’s Valentine's Day Brunch and a Cruise on the 13th is everything you need to impress. After a brunch at the Riverview Grill, you will set sail on a 1-hour scenic cruise of Biscayne Bay with a complimentary Mimosa.
- If your date enjoys soul music, then this Motowner's Valentine's Edition at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden is for them. This fun Sunday evening on the 13th will feature dinner, cocktails, and music from The Temptations, The Four Tops, The Supremes, Sam Cooke and more.
- Share the love of curiosity with your little one as both of you take part in Frost Museum’s Mini-Me Science series with My Amazing Body workshop on the 13th.
- Looking for an outdoorsy date on the 13th or 14th? Whisk your valentine to this Sunset Kayak & Paddle Board Tour + Romantic Bonfire at the Virginia Key Outdoor Center for a magical evening.
- Single and ready to mingle? Join this virtual Valentine’s Day party on the 13th or 14th for interesting games, great conversations, and just a fun time.
- Choose from two interesting celebrations of love by the iconic Deering Estate – a romantic Bay Cruise on the 13th or the “Moonlight & Music” Valentine’s Day Concert on the 14th.
- Grab a loved one to enjoy a magical night of concert under the stars as you celebrate Valentine’s Day at the Fairchild on the 14th.
- Nothing breaks the ice like a good karaoke! Head over to the Clevelander South Beach for a fun Valentine’s Day Love Karaoke on the 14th.
- Send some love to Mother Earth as you join the World Sound Healing Day session at 1 Hotel South Beach on the 14th. Go alone or with a loved one.
- Open your heart chakra on the 14th as you grab this opportunity to Share the LOVE at 1 Beach Club. Taking a loved one is optional.
February 2022: In-Person Events in Miami
Miami Health & Wellness Months: Through February & March
Multiple locations across Miami
It’s time to get working on those New Year’s resolutions - and show yourself some TLC while you’re at it. Get fit, balance your chakras, train for the next triathlon, or destress with a rejuvenating spa – all with tempting discounts to keep your wallet happy. Get 25% off a HydraFacial, practice yoga by the Cadillac Pool, enjoy luxurious services at the JW Marriott Marquis for just $99, indulge with BOGO bowls from Plants & Bowls, and much more as part of Miami’s Health & Wellness programs through February and March.
Miami Marathon and Half Marathon: February 4-6
FTX Arena (also AmericanAirlines Arena), 601 Biscayne Blvd, Downtown Miami
Miami’s most anticipated marathon and half marathon are back this February. 15,000 runners, athletes, and walkers from across the globe will be taking on a scenic route, spanning Miami-Miami Beach, to claim a custom-designed finisher’s medal, goody bag, custom-designed tech tees, and more. While the Marathon and Half Marathon take place on the 6th, there’s a warm-up Tropical 5K taking off from Watson Island on the 5th. There will also be a special Kids Run culminating on race day.
Make Fetch Happen: February 5 & 6
The Wharf Miami, 114 SW North River Dr, Miami River
You and your pooch are welcome to the Wharf for two days of Rosé, treats, and a special dog adoption drive. The Humane Society will be hosting this two-day doggie market, complete with live music, eats from the likes of Sake Room and Spris Artisan Pizza, $30 bottles of Maison Marcel Rosé, and a whole lot of fun.
Imagine Dragon, Dua Lipa & Other Events at FTX Arena: February 6, 9, 10 & 24
FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena), 601 Biscayne Blvd, Downtown Miami
- Imagine Dragons on Feb. 6. Catch the global pop-rock phenomenon, Imagine Dragons live on stage on their Mercury World Tour this February.
- Dua Lipa on Feb. 9. The English singing-songwriting sensation, Dua Lipa will have you “levitating,” as you catch her Future Nostalgia Tour 2022 at the FTX.
- Tool in Concert on Feb. 10. Relive the nostalgia of 90s rock with Tool, as this experimental rock band from LA sets the stage on fire.
- Premio Lo Nuestro Awards Night on Feb. 24. The sensational awards night is back this year to honor the best of Latin music from 2021.
For more February events at the FTX Arena, look here.
Miami International Boat Show: February 16-20
Miami Beach Convention Center and Pride Park, 1901 Convention Center Drive, South Beach
It’s two power-packed shows rolled into one – and the weather’s just perfect to enjoy it all. The Miami International Boat Show and Miami Yacht Show are joining hands to deliver the largest boating event in the world. Over the course of 5 days, you get to discover the latest sailboats, catamarans, superyachts, powerboats, and even test drive over 150 sea vessels. There will also be experiential boating lifestyle activations, entertainment, educational seminars, marine accessory displays, and innovative cuisine to enjoy.
Art Wynwood: February 17-21
CONTEXT Art Miami, One Herald Plaza, Downtown Miami
If you didn’t get enough of Art Week in December, here’s your chance to experience another great art fair. Running alongside the Miami International Boat Show, this 5-day fest will showcase contemporary and modern artworks from emerging to established artists.
Brews & Qs – Vizcaya’s Climate Collaborative Series: February 17
Vizcaya Village, 3250 S Miami Avenue, Coconut Grove
It’s a trivia night with discounted beer and wine – so, what’s not to love! Come alone or with friends to this interactive evening featuring pub-style trivia about science, social justice, and pop culture to spread awareness for climate change, sustainability, and more.
Usketch at the Lowe: February 18
Lowe Art Museum, 1301 Stanford Drive, University of Miami, Coral Gables
If you ever wanted to work on your artistic side, this is your chance. Join like-minded students at the Lowe Museum and learn how to draw with pens, pencils, charcoal, and pastels. All levels of proficiency are welcome.
Laser Evenings + Coding for Reef Cleanup at Frost Museum of Science: February 18 & 27
Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, 1101 Biscayne Blvd, Downtown Miami
On the 18th, get ready to enjoy a rocking evening laser show at the Frost Museum of Science. This retro night will feature laser lights dancing to legendary tunes by the likes of U2, Michael Jackson, Bob Marley, and more.
On the 27th, the museum transforms into a big ol’ Tech Lab as you learn how to code through hands-on gaming and problem-solving. Work through the challenge of cleaning a VR-based coral reef to understand how algorithms can be applied in real-world scenarios.
Coconut Grove Arts Festival: February 19-21
Along McFarlane Road, South Bayshore Drive and Pan American Drive, Coconut Grove
With CGAF back at full capacity, you won’t need to wait until December to experience world-class art. More than 360 internationally-recognized and juried artists will be showcasing their best works across 15 mediums. There will also be live performances, culinary displays, and fun family areas to keep everyone occupied as you immerse yourself in this largest outdoor art event of the year.
South Beach Wine & Food Festival: February 24-27
Multiple locations around South Beach
South Beach’s most prominent food and wine festival is back to tingle your tastebuds. In its 21st edition, the four-day festival will bring you more than 70 exciting events, including of artisan markets, celebrity chef-powered dinners, wine and craft tastings, cocktail showdowns, a signature Burger Bash competition, cocktail and culinary masterclasses, plus tons of late-night parties. Check out the complete list of events, here.
South Miami Rotary Art Festival: February 26 & 27
Sunset Drive SW 72nd St to Red Road SW 57th Ave, Downtown South Miami
In its 37th year, this lively outdoor festival is back with around 129 exhibitors to deliver an art-filled winter weekend. Besides spectacular artwork, visitors will be treated to live jazz performances, a beer garden, and an extensive food court.
Best of ‘Shorts Under the Stars’ at Deering Estate: February 27
Deering Estate, 16701 SW 72nd Avenue, Palmetto Bay
It’s one-and-a-half hours of cinematic excellence bundled in a “short” package. Presenting the best picks of the Miami Short Film Festival, you get to watch 5 short flicks on the front lawn of the Deering Estate.
Events at the Adrienne Arsht Center: Throughout February
1300 Biscayne Blvd, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Arts & Entertainment District
Here are our top 3 picks from what’s playing at the Arsht Center this February:
- Be More Chill, Feb. 4-27. This high-energy musical is based on a novel by Ned Vizzini. The comically subversive act poses the question: “What if popularity came in a pill? Would you take it with no questions asked?”
- Alexei Ratmansky’s Swan Lake, Feb. 11-13. Lovingly reconstructed by celebrated choreographer, Alexei Ratmansky, this is your chance to watch the world-famous ballet with a fresh perspective.
- Dear Evan Hansen, Feb. 15-20. See for yourself why this profoundly contemporary musical about life won six Tony Awards and a Grammy.
Events at the Fairchild Gardens: Throughout February
10901 Old Cutler Road, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Coral Gables
Besides weekly, immersive early morning bird walks, here’s what else you can experience at the Fairchild Gardens in February:
- To Draw or Paint | Exploring Watermedia Painting with Marilyn Valiente from Feb. 3 – Mar. 10, Sketching with Watercolor from Feb. 10 – Mar. 17
- To Create | 3D Printed Plant Tags on Feb. 5, Littlebits Circuits for Kids on Feb. 11
- To Experience | Essential Oil Self Care Kit Workshop on Feb. 12
- To Photograph | iPhone Photography - The Golden Hour & Gibbous Moonrise on Feb. 15, Full Moon Photography on Feb. 16, Master Your Digital DSLR / Mirrorless Camera on Feb. 18
- To Grow | Art & Science of Growing Orchids - 3 Sessions from Feb. 10-24, Propagation Workshop - The Smith Fig on Feb. 15
February 2022: Virtual Events in Miami
National YoungArts Week: February 1-4
In its second month of free virtual performances, you get to tune into evening sessions showcasing the rising talent of YoungArts award winners in the disciplines of Jazz, Visual Arts, Classical Music, and Film.
Join this free Zoom session that celebrates the joy of reading. In February, the HistoryMiami Museum will be hosting a reading of “Full, Full, Full of Love” by Trish Cooke and “Fannie Lou Hamer – Spirit of the Civil Rights Movement” by Carole Boston Weatherford as part of its Black Community Stories initiative.
Coffee, Tea, What Do You See? By Lowe Arts: February 11
Grab your favorite morning cuppa and join this open discussion about art from Lowe Museum's collection. Hosted by members of the Lowe’s staff, this interactive session will feature open-ended questions to stimulate a group discussion.
How are you spending the month of love in 2022? Leave us a comment - we’re all ears on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!