Video: Comparing Fort Lauderdale Beach versus Miami Beach!
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023
If you are wondering what the best beach neighborhood is in South Florida, then you’ll want to watch the video below to find out whether Fort Lauderdale Beach or Miami Beach passes the vibe check for you.
On one hand, we have the world-famous Miami Beach – a vacationer’s paradise and global city with exciting events and entertainment at every turn. On the other, we have Fort Lauderdale Beach – a pristine, family-oriented beach town with a laid-back vibe and lots of natural, unobstructed access to the beach, plus some of the best marinas and boating options.
Watch the video to discover the nuances that set these two beautiful beach neighborhoods apart. While we can’t say if one is truly better than the other. What we can tell you is the kind of lifestyle, boating facilities, dining options, greenery, things to do, and housing options you can expect in each of these neighborhoods, so you can make a solid move – just like an insider!
— What makes Miami Beach a great place to call home?
- As a famous beach destination, you’ll have access to great infrastructure, shopping, restaurants, entertainment along Collins Avenue, a convention center, museums, and much more – in short, a complete package for modern-day beach living.
- The beachfront here is tourist-friendly with plenty of options to set sail and enjoy a multitude of watersports.
- Foodies will love exploring a world of culinary options closer home that range from beachside shacks to gourmet eateries and Michelin-starred restaurants.
- The green spaces in Miami Beach are more upscale, complete with man-made parks and manicured beaches with great sports facilities.
- There’s never a dull moment in Miami Beach with a year-round, headline-grabbing events calendar that’s filled with art, culture, and entertainment offerings.
— What makes Fort Lauderdale Beach a great place to call home?
- Popularly known as the Riviera of Florida, you can expect a more laid-back, pure beach town vibe here with less traffic and a handful of buildings on the beach.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach wins hands down for its incomparable boating culture, all thanks to its excellent canal system. There’s barely a waterfront home or restaurant without its own dock space. You can also catch a water taxi, anywhere between Las Olas and Fort Lauderdale Beach, with stopovers at all the famous restaurants and bars.
- The dining options here mostly range from seafood to new American-style restaurants with a decent collection of beachfront eateries.
- Nature and greenery in Fort Lauderdale Beach is mostly raw and wild, anchored by the sprawling, waterfront Hugh Taylor Birch State Park.
- While the Las Olas Oceanfront Park is the hub of entertainment in Fort Lauderdale Beach, you’ll find richer options on the mainland.
If you love being the first to turn the key on a home, here are the pre-construction projects we love in both Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale Beach:
- Five Park, Miami Beach. Accompanied by a rainbow pedestrian bridge by French artist Daniel Buren plus a 3-acre public park, this will be South Beach’s tallest tower with interiors by the award-winning Gabellini Sheppard and Miami Beach’s first residents-only member's club.
- Edition Residences, Fort Lauderdale. Hospitality brand Edition’s first stand-alone residences, this stunning pair of towers will offer breathtaking waterfront views from each of its 65 residences. Future residents can further expect high-end interiors by GS4 Studios, 20,000 square feet of landscaped outdoor space, two pools with relaxation sunbeds, a health and wellness center, a sophisticated social lounge, and more.
- Selene Oceanfront Residences, Fort Lauderdale Beach. Designed by Miami’s acclaimed Kobi Karp Architects, this will be the tallest luxury condo building on Fort Lauderdale Beach. Featuring contemporary interiors by ID & Design International, the oceanfront towers will also be home to a tall list of amenities including a 5,300 square-foot oceanfront restaurant, two elevated pool terraces with lap and resort-style pools, a pool bar, fire pit lounge areas, and more.
Looking for more properties in Fort Lauderdale Beach, Hollywood, Pompano Beach, or anywhere else in Miami? Call or message us directly for a private tour of a home or condo you like.